Stashbuster sampler afghan

Thanks to those who gave feedback in the Crochet Forum.

Wanted to divest myself of various accumulated acrylics in my stash so grabbed my stitch dictionaries and my fave sz 7 10" sticks. Adjusted gauge for stitch pattern and yarn weight. I am pleased with the uniformity of the sqs as I’ve mentioned to some I did a baby blanket early last year and, not thinking, did alphabet sqs in diff colors of same brand of yarn only to realize…after the fact…that the gauge varied widely. :frowning:

On floor:
http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/afghan_final_floor_web.jpg

Closer shot with more detail:
http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/afghan_final_outside_web.jpg

Edge:
http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/afghan_edge_b_web.jpg

cam

PRETTY!!!

Beautiful afghan. Love all of the different colors and stitch patterns. Very well done! Congratulations!

a beauty!!:yay:

:cheering:That’s beautiful! :cheering:

I love it! What a great idea.

Gorgeous! “Good on ya!” (as we say here)

Oh gosh…that is just gorgeous!!! I could see myself snuggling up under that!!! :passedout:

Tobinknit, it made for easy work seeing as I’m usually doing sweaters. Doing a stitch pattern over such a small area was quick and fun.

cam

Slim, I’ve recently started recycling thrift store sweaters, all cotton (no more acrylic!), and was needing to find a way to make room for the new stuff. Fig’d an afghan would help in that regard. :slight_smile:

cam

AussieYank, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like the brightness of the color combo as I normally work in very muted tones for myself. Lots of projects for others represented in the afghan.

cam

auburnchick, thanks! I originally set out to make it larger but started running out of colors (I wanted each equally represented). Not sure who’ll end up with it but am thinking I may send it to my folks, who can always use something like this, plus when my little nephew visits (he’s one-and-a-half) it would be handy for his naps.

cam

Great job. It looks fantastic!! I’ve always loved the stained glass look.

debinoz, thanks for reminding of the term ‘stained glass.’ Didn’t set out for that look but does have that effect. :slight_smile:

cam

Handsome! A truly handsome afghan! Very sophisticated looking!
Kudos to you! Thanks for sharing the excellent photography with us!

:muah:

Oh wow, that is very nice. :inlove:

That is exactly what I have been wanting to do with my leftovers! :muah:I highly doubt mine would turn out as nice though. I do tend to have a problem with gauge, as in I never get it:pout:

Artlady, thanks! How are you doing on your squares? Looking forward to seeing them all put together. :slight_smile:

cam

Thanks, Mulderknitter! I so rarely work with the ndls/yarn recommended for a project, or when designing my own, that it’s gotten easier to adjust gauge. But there were some sqs that took several starts to achieve the width I wanted. The upside to doing sqs is you’re only ripping out a handful of sts. :slight_smile: They work up so quickly it felt almost mindless at times.

cam
Who lived in Mpls area for many decades! I hear your temps have finally cooled off.

Cam-
yes, the temps have finally cooled to the 80’s, but today we have wind advisories for over 40mph winds! We did finally get some rain the other day, all of our lawns look like wheat fields!:shock: