Stashbuster baby 'crayon' cardi

Jan’s fabulous baby sweaters for Stitches from the Heart inspired me to put the rest of my stash to good use.

Variation on this pattern:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyswestripebam.htm

Was really fun making something so small (took only a couple days for the actual sweater…a bit of time to weave all the ends) and being I don’t ever have occasion to work top down, enjoyed the technique for this purpose given my very limited amt of yarn (as I attempted to allocate it for balanced striping).

Partially completed with stash:
http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/stashbuster_sweater.jpg

Finished sweater:
http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/baby_sweater.jpg

Not nearly as exquisite as some of the other fab creations posted here but a nice change of pace project.

cam

Ooh, I love it! I especially like how you bring a bright yarn right up to the face - it’ll look great on the baby! Wonderful job :smiley:

Thanks, redheadrachel! This will get donated so no idea who’ll be wearing it but thought the bright mix of colors would make for a fun look.

cam

It is very cute and it is always nice to be able to use up yarn!

That’s so cute! I’m sure that any baby wearing that will look adorable.

That is so cute! I’m glad I inspired you! What better way to use up little bits of yarn in your stash. :hug:

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver] I’m almost done with two more…:shifty:
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks, Jan! Two more??? Ouch. I don’t have enough acrylic stash to do another little sweater. However, I’ve generated quite a bit of usable yarn from my recycled thrift store sweaters but plan to make something for myself with that.

cam

Your sweater turned out really cute. Thanks to both you and Jan for sharing this pattern. I really like the way it is worked top down with no seams. My favorite kind of pattern!

That’s cute! :slight_smile:

loveswildflowers…thanks! Had I the compulsion, and the stash!, I could see myself cranking out a bunch of these. I’m so used to making adult-size sweaters, most requiring seaming, that this was a piece of cake. :slight_smile:

cam

Very cute!!

Thanks, jenelle. I just took inventory of my measly stash of acrylic, and seeing as I had to convert the numbers on this pattern from DK to worsted, I think I might have enough to make another one. Quick and easy. :slight_smile:

cam

What a darling sweater!

sweet love the red!!!

Oh! It’s fun to knit for kids! I love your cardi!:inlove:

A baby sweater I would actually put my child in! It’s just so cute!

msoebel, what a nice compliment…thanks!

cam

Hi Cam! :waving:

Thanks for sharing your photos as well as the link to the pattern! Excellent work!

I will definitely be making a couple of these using Stash yarn!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!:hug:

I think that’s lovely cam and i think lovely bright and changing colours will be received very well.

Thanks, ArtLady! I rewound the rest of my stash and have been eyeing it for another possible tiny sweater. I was working on a cardi for myself that didn’t meet my expectations so that’s gonna be frogged. A little project would make for a nice diversion while I ponder my strategy on the one for moi.

cam