Starting Christmas Knitting--Need help

[B][SIZE=“4”][FONT=“Comic Sans MS”]Hi everybody,
I joined you last year I believe. I just found you again. I am beginning my Christmas knitting. Last year, I knit my Christmas gifts to the family and they were well received and so this year I decided to do it all again, only this time I would start in August instead of November.

I have decided to knit a sleeveless vest for my brother and a scarf for Mama. For my three neices I am going to be knitting a blanket. I have two of their favorite colors. Now what I am going to do is to use one of the colors as a starting point. For example the oldest girl, Emily, likes the colors red and black. I am picking rose or a rose verigated yarn such as Cherry Cola (Red Heart) and and I am going to use complementary colors (one or two of them). However, I am having trouble finding complementary colors. Would anybody know of a color chart or a list that lists the Red Heart complimentary colors or the multicolored yarn and their complementary colors? Please help!

If you go to the Red Heart sitehttp://www.redheart.com/yarn they list complimentary yarn colors for some of their yarns including cherry cola. You may be able to find your yarn listed there.

[B][FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=“4”]Thanks. I have already been there, but missed the match for Cherry Cola. I will look again.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Here you go!!!

[FONT=MyriadPro-Light][SIZE=2][FONT=MyriadPro-Light][SIZE=2]Cherry Cola 256: the coordinates listed for Cherry Cola are: Carrot, 321 Gold, 365 Coffee, 378 Claret, 624 Tea Leaf, 905 Magenta
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

How set are you on using Red Heart yarn? Caron has One Pound worsted weight yarn in gorgeous colors. The variegated yarns here come in 10 oz skeins. I tried out the Jetstream. According to the yarn label, those are supposed to go with any One Pound solid color.

http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_onepound.html

[I]I wasn’t set on using Red Heart yarn. It is just what I had been
used to using. Those colors at the Caron yarn site are gorgeous!
Thanks for letting me know about them.

[/I]