Starsky!

Hello everyone,

there seems to be a bunch of us interested in knitting the Starsky cardigan from knitty.com’s winter 2005 issue.

Will you be one of us? :smiley:

I ordered my yarn for starsky yesterday morning! I couldn’t decide on a color so posted here and on other knitting boards asking for color picking help, but i got equal votes for mist and cinnamon. So, I asked my best friend which color i should use. She’s useless (j/k, i love her) she said both. So finally I just did an eenie-meenie-miney-mo thing and Mist won…LOL I want it to hurry up and get here so I can cast on.

I’m in!!! My knitpicks order arrived yesterday, but it’s still at my apt’s office. I’ll go pick it up today! Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I’m so excited. This is my first knit along!

which yarn are you ladies using???

I’m using Knitpicks Sierra in Cranberry. I loved the way natural looked, but I think I’d wear a colorful sweater more.

My yarn arrived yesterday. I’m using Knitpicks Sierra. I should be able to cast on this evening.

hmmmm…maybe i’ll give this a shot.

how many skeins did you order?

i’m making a purse out of Sierra now and i like it.

I ordered 12 skeins because I wanted to be safe. I really love the yarn!!! I can’t wait to get started, but I already have 2 things on the needles! I’ll finish one of them tonight or tomorrow, I hope.

Ok, I have one project off the needles and in the washing machine for felting… Any one else casting on? I’m debating on whether or not to cast on this afternoon or work on my other project (a very time consuming scarf/wrap). What do you guys think?

I keep looking at Starsky. The pattern says extra spicy, but it doesn’t look that difficult, just time-consuming. What do you think? I make cables and socks and have made a couple of pullovers. I’ve never done a cardigan. I really really like this pattern. :heart:

I say give it a go! The more the merrier. I heard it was extra spicy because of the seaming and assembling…

Starsky is going along a lot quicker than I thought it would. I was finally able to cast on yesterday (saturday) morning, and now it’s Sunday afternoon and I am ready to start row 3 of my second chart repeat for the back. You can click on the link to my blog in my sig to see a progress pic.

K guys, I’m casting on now! :XX: :XX: :XX:

I worked on my scarf/wrap for a good while today and I’m pleased with the progress, so my reward is starting Starsky before being done with the other project.

Nice to see some of you have casted on!!!

I’m having issues with what yarn I’m supposed to use. I thought I’d find something at my LYS and last week I bought a skein of 100% wool. I wanted to see if I could work the pattern out as I’ve never done cables or twists before. I’m glad I just bought one skein as I don’t like the yarn at all. It’s scratchy!!! I’ve washed my two swatches (one plain and one with Banana Trees on it) but they still feel very scratchy… :frowning:

I have asked the owner of the LYS to look for some wool mixed with alpaca that knits up to 4st/inch and I’ll check in on her this week.

I’m thinking about the KnitPicks Sierra as it seems to be soft and nice. First problem is to get it to Sweden without ruining myself on taxes and postage. And also, it’s said to be non-washable and I do like my sweaters to be washable. Especially since I’m planning on going with the Natural colour. Hmmm… :thinking:

Mine too!!! And I’m soo frustrated that I don’t have the yarn so I can cast on… I want ot dive right into it! :XX:

Looks great so far! And looks like I have a new knitting blog to read! Your pictures are beautiful! When I have time, I’m going to read more of your blog!

Yay , I’ve just bought the wool for this … :happydance:

I am going to knit this in Rowan Polar - colour Stony. Fortunately (or maybe not) this is a discontinued range so I have managed to get it at half price - £3.25/$5.60 compared to £6.50/$11.25 per ball so this is going to cost me £36/$62 (including postage).

I did think about ordering the Sierra from KnitPicks and get someone to receive it and then post it to me but I worked out it would be about $90.00

Anyway - this should arrive tomorrow :cheering:

I casted on last night after a nightmarish time of getting the skein of sierra tangled up. oh my goodness! It took me over an hour to get one skein into a ball. I hope the next skein works out better!

I’ve gotten the ribbing and only 8 rows of the pattern done so far. Maybe it’ll get easier, but I’m having to look at the pattern for every stitch! Usually after awhile, the cable pattern becomes obvious to me and I don’t need to constantly look at the pattern. I’m hoping that will happen soon, since I either watch tv or listen to audio books while knitting. :smiley:

It’s looking really good so far though! I really love the way this yarn knits up too.

I was just cking out knitpicks out of curiousity about the yarn used for Starsky and noticed they had a correction on how many sts to the " it knits up. Just thought I’d let you all know just in case you weren’t aware.

Here’s a link:
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420129/yarn_display.aspx

I haven’t knitted any sweaters/cardigans yet. But when I do decide to I’m gonna have to remember this one. I likey! :thumbsup:

KNITBIT :XX:

i’m still thinking about it.

it looks way too hard for me, but i might be up for the challenge. :thinking: