Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Thanks Tresha! :hug:

I’ll take care of a few blankets for the Charlotte, NC area, and Holly can do the rest of the Southeast. Or, I’m willing to do it all if Holly is tired of it. :teehee:

If need be, I’ve also worked with the Arkansas Children’s Hospital in the past and am very familiar with their needs and requirements. So if you’d like help coordinating or need an additional hospital, I’ve spent a lot of time at this one with my eldest son.

ETA: Shandeh, I never got a response to my PM to you, did you get it?

Hi Treshe.

Nope…never got it. Weird! :??

Hey everyone! Sorry to have disappeared this summer. I’m back! My brother and SIL just had their 2nd daughter:happydance:. I have been absolutely wrapped up in being Auntie Holly for the past month. The girls are both so precious when I am with them everything else just seems to fade away!

Welcome Beepr!!! Sorry about any confusion with your joining us that my absence may have caused. I have your address and can’t wait to see what you do with the blankets Shandeh is sending your way. Most of our blankets are worsted weight, we’ve done a few dk.

Also welcome to TreshaRuthe!!! Ditto my apology to Bea. I replied to one of your pms and combined the responses I hope it wasn’t too confusing. I should be in bed but instead I am answering the back log of email/ PMs I’ve accumulated.:slight_smile:

If everyone is still game I am more than willing to keep making blankets together. I know everyone is busy this time of year but it would really help if you all could let me know one way or the other if you are still interested. Last count we only had about 5 people active which makes it difficult to fill blankets. We’ve done some great work in the past and I would hate for it all to stop.
Thanks everyone!!:grphug:

Yay! Welcome back, Holly!

I’m glad you can still be our worthy region leader, my friend. cloud9

Welcome back Holly. Congrats on the new niece. I have not lost interest in this group. I hope you have me on your active member list. I can’t get much knitting done right now though. My stepfather had a severe stroke and needs constant care. I am trying to help my mother all I can. Also, my father-in-law has been put in a rehabilitation center in another state so we are traveling a lot to check on him. But don’t count me out. Hopefully things will return to some state of normalicy.

Prayers would be appreciated.

You sound busy, Dawn! I hope your family recovers soon.

:waving: I am here! Just crazy busy. I have one blanket with the border almost finished … and I THINK … jiggly jello … to knit my “inches”. I will get to them, I promise !!!

(I know I have a blanket to knit … just not sure if it is jiggly jello :slight_smile: and too lazy to go upstairs and check)

Please keep me in the loop. I am willing to continue to knit.

Thank you Sandy. It is crazy around here.

Hi Holly, I am delighted to be working with the Southeast group. I have lots of Caron Simply Soft yarn that can be used for Oddball blankets. I have finished my section of the one blanket that I got from Sandy. I can do another section, or add the border, whichever you want. I can’t remember the name, but think it might be kaleidoscope? Let me know what you want done next.

I have been in the northeast for the last week. We head home to Florida today. I will surely be glad to be back home. Strange, we have only lived there for 3 months, but it is already home!

Bea

Bea, That blanket is Shandeh’s project. You’ll need to contact her about it.

Good to “see” you all again! I hope you are all staying cool! I am very thankful for AC and ceiling fans this week. I keep threatening to move somewhere with out the heat but then I realized I would probably have to deal with a lot more snow. I love snow for the first couple of days but then…

Hi Bea! :waving:

Thanks for knitting a section of the Charlotte, NC “Kaleidoscope” blanket. :hug:

Here’s my latest photo of that blanket.

Kaleidoscope - Charlotte by Shandeh, on Flickr

Now, we just need to find out who would like to knit another section on it.

Any takers?

Shandeh, I finished one section and started another section.That will make 6 sections done. I could mail it out later this week if that is okay. Please let me know where to send it. Bea

I know I have been gone for what seems like forever, but I would like to be added to a blanket. :slight_smile:

Glad to see you back Tracy!

How does everyone feel about me starting a new blanket? Any ideas on theme? For some reason I am drawing a blank. I guess I can blame it on the heat! I have several empty sets of needle begging to be used.

You know that poem about little boys and girls being full of different things? Like snails, puppy’s dog tails, etc for little boys and girls are full of sugar and spice and everything nice? Why not use that poem as inspiration?

I also had “Tonka Trucks” come to mind when I first read your post, Holly. Legos is another idea that came to me. I hope these help, I mean I know they’re not stellar ideas, but maybe they’ll spark some better inspiration than what I am capable of on no sleep and no coffee.

With it being so hot what about Sunshine- or shining sun?

I’ll be happy to knit a section on a blanket if you start one. Y’all choose the theme, and I’ll go along. :hug:

Holly, would you mind if I direct SE Oddballers on Ravelry to come here to the KH Forum if they want to join?

It looks like our discussion here is the only activity for the SE Region.

It’s nice to have everyone coming home to the birthplace of our Oddball projects. cloud9