Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Hey everyone. Donating our blankets was slightly postponed. I forgot I had another appt. Tuesday when I was supposed to take the blankets. I am planning on going tomorrow, Thursday if the weather holds out. We are expecting a snow storm. Last big snow storm we had we couldn’t leave our neighborhood for a few days.

I’ll be sure to keep you all in the loop. I really want to get these beautiful blankets donated!

Still nothing about Neopolitan Ice Cream? Do I need to track it? It was too lovely to be lost.
Happy Holidays to everyone.

Holly, I will not have internet access after 12-19 until 12-26.:muah:

Jiggly Jello is ready for the next knitter.

I’ll check with the next knitter on Jiggly Jello. It looks great!!! So fun and bright. Perfect for dreary winter days.

I’ll also check on Neapolitan. Thanks for the heads up on your internet access.

ETA: Brenda have you gotten Candy Cane from Katie yet?

We did get the snow as predicted. It’s not too bad only a couple of inches. It looked so pretty this morning! I decided to stay safe and warm at home. People around here don’t know how to drive in snow. I heard on the news there were over 300 accidents today in the state. I’m hoping to take the blanket early next week.

All of the sudden Christmas has snuck up on me. I got a few cards in the mail from family and realized I hadn’t done mine yet. Eek! I made ornaments for everyone this year but am having an issue finding a felting needle to finish them off. I hope I don’t have to spend my weekend knitting new ornaments! If I do at least I know a few quick and cute patterns.

Hi Elaine,

I’m so sorry I didn’t let you know when it came last week! I’ve been up to my eyeballs in alligators, which is why I haven’t signed on recently. As I said to Holly, I’m subscribed to this thread and supposedly have it set up to email me when anyone posts, but I’m not receiving any.

Hugs,

Hi Holly,
I did check on the blogspot. I thought I was doing a section and border on this one. Do you want a knitted border or crocheted? I know some think the crocheted border is girly, but with the pink on this blanket, maybe that would be appropriate???

Hugs,

Hi Burma, Do what ever kind of border you think looks best. I totally trust your judgment. Every thing you do is gorgeous! Neapolitan is definitely a girly blanket.

Alligators?
Just wanted to make sure that Neopolitan was not lost on my end.

Hi everyone! I have the blankets all washed, folded and packed up ready to go. However looking at my schedule for the rest of this week I think I am going to have to wait until after Christmas to donate them. I’m really disappointed but know they will be used and loved whenever they get there.

Yes, I got an email from work that they put it in my office. I’ve been in Mississippi and Alabama, but plan on going into the office tonight (after everyone is gone so I dont get stuck there haha) to pick it up to work on it over Christmas in Charlotte, NC.

I’ll post of pic soon.

[B]Jiggly Jello[/B] is on its way to Dawn.
Confirmation #: [B][I]0310 2640 0002 0622 2534[/I][/B]

It’s been great knitting with you all!

Merry Christmas everyone! I’m so excited my whole family will be here to celebrate. It’s been a couple of years since we all were able to come home for Christmas. My niece is almost a year old and is ready to unwrap all the presents for us. I’m pretty sure we could have just given her wrapped empty boxes and she’d be thrilled. I started my baking tonight. The whole house smells like butter,cinnamon and vanilla. I absolutely love this time of the year. If only I didn’t have to go out tomorrow to finish stuffing my Mom’s stocking…

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas!!! :muah:
Start thinking about new blankets. 2011 is going to be our year!

Received White stripes earlier in the week. I have been sick and haven’t even had a chance to open it yet. :frowning: hopefully soon.

Did anyone else have a White Christmas? It started snowing here Christmas day and 24 hours later we had 13 inches. Let me tell you this area is not used to nearly that much snow!! My brother and sister in law were supposed to leave on Sunday but were snowed in until this morning. It was a strange experience for me having to help dig out the cars. On the plus side we got an extra day with my niece who is the sweetest, cutest kid. I need to video tape her laugh for days I am feeling bummed. Baby laughs are the best!

As soon as the snow melts I’ll be donating the blankets. It is supposed to warm up in the next day or so. Hopefully mid week I’ll be able to safely get there.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!!

We had a white Christmas too! Of course, the snow started late in the day, but it was still Christmas day! :wink:

Here’s our little house in the snow the next day.

We ended up with about 12 inches on top of 3 inches of ice!!! My husband has driven me to work the past 3 days. I do not drive on slick roads.

On a brighter side, I received Jello Jigglers in the mail yesterday. So pretty so far. Can’t wait to pick my color and get started.

I’m with you on that one Dawn! It scares the bejeezus out of me to drive in snow and ice. I know what to do and how to do it I just choose not to!

I’m so mad I didn’t take any pictures when the snow was pretty! We still have quite a bit left over but it is not pretty anymore.

We had a white Christmas here in Atlanta but we missed it because we were in the Bahamas. Just the luck. There was still snow when we got home and the Bahamas was great.

Elaine , I thing being in the Bahamas beats being stuck in snow any day!!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new years eve! can’t believe it’s 2011 already! I feel like it was just 2000. Remember all the hype about the Y2K bug?
I am staying home nursing the cold I got from my niece. Not sure if I’ll make it to midnight or not. Cold meds really knock me out!
Happy New Year ya’ll :grphug:!!!

Hi Holly and Everyone:muah:

I finally realized that I will receive a message indicating a post here after each time I visit, so if I don’t visit regularly, I don’t hear anything! I guess that’s why I never know what’s going on. I’ll try to be better about checking in, at least daily.

We had a white Christmas here in Winston-Salem as well. I didn’t hear the final count, but it sure was pretty since our son was already here from Charlotte, safe and sound. Right after the holiday he moved to the DC area. :verysad:

If anyone is in need of yarn, the Hobby Lobby here in NC has some good yarn on sale. I don’t know if the sale is company-wide, but it’s worth checking on. They also had lidded, clear containers on sale 30% off so I got a couple. My New Year’s resolution is to clean out my knitting closet and organize my yarn. We’ll see if I actually do it!

I usually decide to lose weight over the new year, but I decided to start back in October. Thus far I’ve lost 22 pounds! I was wearing size 10s, which were getting tight, but now I’m in 8s, heading toward 6s. I’m so proud of myself! I was starting to give up hope, but I decided I was just eating tooooo much.

I’m working on a Celtic Aran Afghan pattern from Ravelry to auction for charity this summer at the Gerard Butler Fan Convention in Las Vegas. Everything is Gerry-themed, so besides the Celtic symbols, the color of the yarn matches his eyes. The pattern is filled with cables, which I haven’t done a ton of before, so it’s giving me fits, but I think I’m finally on a roll.

Has anyone heard anything from Mama Dawn? She seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth! So sad; I miss her!

Have a wonderful New Year all! I’m so happy to be part of this group.

Hugs,