Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Wow this week really got away from me. I was really feeling under the weather and had no energy. I finally have all the pictures I promised. Here is Sesame Street finished. It is officially the SE’s longest blanket with 8 sections. You can see all the section in detail on the blog(link in my signature) It looks great in person much better than the pictures! The border is Loops and Thread version of Homespun. It has red, orange, blue, purple, and gold in it, which all look just red on my computer.

Here is the beginning of White Stripes!

I’m from the West Coast/Central group and I just love looking at the other regions’ posts. I was looking through your blog and you all are some very talented knitters! Beautiful blankets, I love some of your ideas!

Thanks Bailey!! I’m glad I am not the only one checking out the other groups work. It’s so fun to see everyone’s creativity!!

Hey guys,
I am a bit stumped on the remar cable blanket. First thing is the memo calls for 100 stitches and I count 105 which one is correct? This might answer my other questions so I will wait on them until I get the correct count. :aww:

I don’t know for certain but my guess is the 105 is correct. If the memo is the original memo it says 100 and it’s easy for people forget to change the number.
Burma do you remember the number of stitches?

Hi Holly,

I think I used 105 so there would be 3 purls on each end and the remainder would be divisible by the pattern repeat and any leading stitches. I hope that helps!!

Hugs,
Burma

Karen,
I’m mailing Think Pink to you this afternnon. I’ll be sure to get delivery confirmation in case you need it. hope you have as mauch fun on this blanket as I di!

Sharon:hug:

Brenda, what was the type of brown yarn that you used on Neopolitan. I bought one but do not like the color with those of everyone else. I have Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate Brown.

Hi Elaine! I’m not Brenda but I used Red Heart Soft in Espresso for my section (the first one). In the pictures her brown looks the same as mine.

I have not seen Red Heart Soft in the stores here and all the brown in the blanket so far seem to be the same… I will need to keep looking because the Caron has [I]too[/I] much red in it to look good with all the pink and the other brown color in the blanket. Thanks for the info.

I used I Love This Yarn, Brown. I think that is actually Hobby Lobby’s brand of yarn? I love it. It’s $3.49 and it’s a big soft skein w/355 yards on it. With their 40% off coupon, it’s only $2.09!

There are Hobby Lobby’s in my area and I will try looking there. Thanks.

I have Candy Cane and it is so cute. Beth I like your stranded section. Thank you for the sticky tabs. I use these to mark my place on a pattern.

I purchased the yarn today for my section and will try to have it ready by the end of next week.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Katie

Hello All,

Jiggly Jello is ready for the next knitter. All I need is an address!

Thanks

:grphug:

All the blankets look great!!

I have had no time for knitting the past couple weeks. I picked up a second job, which I thought was going to be part time, and turned into full time. Last week I worked 70 hours plus school- as you can see doesn’t leave me much time for knitting.

I know I am on for white stripes which I will take with me to work and work on my lunch break. How is that one coming along?

Tracy, Big hugs!!! Hoping the paycheck is worth the extra craziness. White Stripes is going to be mailed Monday or Tuesday of next week to the knitter before you. You should be getting it in 3ish weeks. I have pictures I just need to get them on my computer.

Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I am truly thankful for each one of you! I was so worried when Dawn disappeared about our group falling apart. But that obviously didn’t happen! The way everyone banded together and just kept on knitting made me so proud to be a part of this group. The love and care everyone puts into the blankets is so evident when you see them. :grphug:

Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I am truly thankful for each one of you! I was so worried when Dawn disappeared about our group falling apart. But that obviously didn’t happen! The way everyone banded together and just kept on knitting made me so proud to be a part of this group. The love and care everyone puts into the blankets is so evident when you see them. :grphug:[/QUOTE]

Holly, Thank you for helping to keep the group together. I came in just as Dawn was missing. It was strange seeing all the posts about “Mama Dawn” because that is what my children’s friends all call me! I enjoy being a part of this group. This may sound selfish but I get a lot of satisfaction out of knitting on theses blankets. I look forward to getting the next one. Happy Thanksgiving!

Holly,
Neopolitan Icecream will be ready for the mail by tomorrow (Sat) or Monday if you will send me the next knitter’s info.

Elaine

Did anyone ever find out what happened to Dawn?

Hugs,

Unfortunately, no.