Somewhat Twiggy Scarf

Finished the scarf for my brother last night.
I basically used the Twiggy pattern. But, I don’t like garter stitch, so I used the Fisherman’s Rib stitch instead.
And I totally fell in love with it!! It’s so soft and kushy. I think I want to use it when I finally make the big blanket I want to make someday.

Yarn used is Plymouth Encore Chunky in Black(217), Red(174) and Grey(389). 1 ball of each.

Came out wider than I was wanting it to be, but…oh well. I hope he likes it.

Excellent! :cheering:

That is very cool!!! :thumbsup:

Lovely, he’s going to love it :thumbsup:

Perfect job! He’ll love it!

:cheering: Nice work f_k!!!

I have seen and touched this scarf IN PERSON, and I can vouch - soft AND kushy. He will LOVE it! :inlove:

i looked at your scarf and the edges were straight and it was purled

im a beginner knitter so i was wondering how do you make straight edges when purling?

thank you in advance

Cute!

That’s really cool looking – I’m sure he’ll love it!

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

I slipped the first stitch on every row.
(You slip the first one as if to purl, knit pattern as normal, and knit the last stitch. It pulls the stitch across 2 rows and keeps it nice and neat. ^_^)
I think this was the first time I’ve done it. I really like the results.

Friskums, it’s gorgeous!!! :inlove: :inlove:

I does look so very cozy–how can you give it up?!

I slipped the first stitch on every row.
(You slip the first one as if to purl, knit pattern as normal, and knit the last stitch. It pulls the stitch across 2 rows and keeps it nice and neat. ^_^)
I think this was the first time I’ve done it. I really like the results.[/quote]

thank you so much for the advice. i really wish i’ve asked earlier on before i started on my scarf for my nephew. i purled it for 4 rows and knit 5 for mine, but the purl sides are curled. at least i know what to do for my next scarf. thanks again for the advice =)

and by the way, great job on your scarf

Great looking scarf!!! I sure hope your brother loves it! :cheering:

Very nice indeed! Great job!
:cheering:

Wow, love it - great colours and pattern - what’s that yarn like? Looks cozy!

I loooooooove the yarn. It is VERY cozy. I used the Chunky in Black for my Starsky.