Someone PLEASE reprimand me

Tell me there will be yarn left in the world even if I don’t buy it all right now!

Since truly discovering the beauty of KH on…oh…Saturday? I have bought 80 dollars worth of yarn and pattern books from Knitpicks…two sets of large Lantern Moon ebonies off Ebay, am watching ANOTHER auction for a GORGEOUS yarn that I MUST have, and am waiting a week so I can replenish my savings so I can get several balls of Blue Sky Alpaca in Peace Pink - which I’m OBSESSED over. I’ve just been going to the site and gazing at it like a jilted lover. :roflhard:

I’m a mess. And I don’t get the sense from the posts here that this is likely to let up. :shifty:

We’re mostly enablers here…you’re not likely to get much reprimanding :slight_smile:

Way to go! Don’t forget that if it’s on sale it will NEVER be on sale again! So you must snatch it all up immediately! And if you see a yarn that says ‘discontinued’–there will never, ever be anything like it ever again. Buy it all. Even if you have no clue what you’re going to do with it. If something is being auctioned–bid highest! You’ll be the WINNER!! The person who would have outbid you probably doesn’t deserve the yarn, anyway. Credit card companies are happy to raise your limit–and you know all those free offers you get in the mail for new cards? :wink:

Now how’s THAT for enabling! :happydance:

:roflhard: OMG, Ingrid… :roflhard:

The only thing that keeps me reasonable is the fear of the NAGGING I will get from DH! :shock:

YOU are no help, miss lady. :roflhard:

But I like the rationale… :happydance: I’ll show my FI this thread when he finds my rapidly growing yarn stash in the trunk of my car.

My BIGGEST problem, to date. :rollseyes: I wish nagging were the extent of it. I get full scale ATTITUDE. :rofling:

EWW! Dont store it in the trunk of your car!! It’s gonna STINK! :doh:

:frowning: But he’ll see it… :shock:

Alright alright, I’ll wait til he’s napping this evening and then make my move…hopefully it’s not too bad.

I’ve already taken to putting vanilla beans in my storage baskets/containers to add my favorite scent to the yarn. It’s working. :happydance: That should help. It’s only been a day or two.

What a great idea! I never thought of scenting my yarn.

Thanks kemp, it was the very first thing I thought of when I started hoarding…I mean buying, yarn. :slight_smile: I’m fanatical about scent and vanilla makes me calm and happy.

Good lord ladies–it’s not like you smuggling Vodka into the house!!

oooh! :inlove: thanks to this thread I just remembered something - I’m going to the LYS to get a book they ordered for me last week. I forgot they have that closeout Linen Print… must. get. more…
no reprimanding from me, I keep buying and buying.

I’m leaving to check out at new Cincy yarn store right now. I am SURE to return with MORE yarn.

I’ll give you my number, Ingrid. You call him and tell him so. You’d think I was bringing home Calvin Klein models, the way he acts. :rollseyes:

:cheering:

Be like me & have a sweet husband that buys the knitting gear for you :D!! Yes, I have to flaunt that as often as possible ;)!! I and/or my husband buy yarn, books, accessories for me ALL OF THE TIME…it’s an addiction; no getting around it :wink: .
OMGOSH, I THINK MY ADDI’S WILL BE HERE TODAY :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
We all :heart: :heart: :heart: the acquirement of these knitting necessities :thumbsup:

Have you talked him into giving classes yet?! C’mon Rebecca share! :roflhard:

btw no help here either. Last night I went to Target and got some cheapy yarn just because it was 1.00 as well as the size four needles they were selling. Plus I have needles coming to me from TaraKnits PLUS I plan on buying some wool for a booga bag in the next few days. MUST. HAVE. MORE. :shock:

:roflhard:

Did someone say VODKA!?!

Grey Goose, Skyy, Mezzaluna, Pearl, Ketal One, Rose … if I ever had a problem with DH and yarn, all I’d have to do is bring in one of these vodka’s and all would be forgiven.

:XX:

Show off. :rollseyes:

:roflhard: Just teasing you Rebecca…I bet that’s why you’re such a guru here…

They do say the creme de la creme always has a killer support network. :wink:

Show off…NO DOUBT :roflhard: :roflhard: ; but guru…I’m not so sure, but thanks :wink:

Oh, oh, I told him that lessons have been requested, he will just kind of :oops: blush and say ‘girls’ and then kind of beam :sunny: with pride and walk off…my :inlove: sweetie :smiley: