Socks - ? re: They're Wrong Side Out

I’m knitting my first pair of socks and I’m using dpn. I thought everything was going well until I got past the cuff and realized that I’m knitting them wrong side out. Does it matter? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Chances are, you’re knitting on the wrong side of the needle. If you’re just to the cuff, you ought to be able to flip them rightside out, and start your knitting properly.

I learned from the wonderful folks here at KH, tht you should picture your needles as a cup, and you should be knitting on the side you’d drink out of, closest to you. If you knit on the opposite side, farthest from you, your work will be inside out.

That’s common among new knitters and there are a few people who prefer to knit that way and just flip it right side out when they’re done. It may not work for all patterns if you do it that way though so it’s probably best to learn the “correct” or most common way. Here’s a link to how it should look when you are knitting in the round.

On the 4th picture down you can see how you should be knitting on the outside of the circle.
http://www.knitpicks.com/content/index.php/cat/knitting-in-the-round/

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful replies! I can see what I’ve done wrong, now I just need to turn it right side out.