Sock help

someone please help me i’m working on 3 double pointed needles and I do not get how to distribute the stitches on waste yarn
The pattern for the heel is below

Set-Up
Place 17 stitches onto one dpn. Place the next 30 stitches onto a piece of waste yarn. (You are much
less likely to get holes at the corners o f the heel if you put the instep stitches on waste yarn instead of
leaving them on dpns.) Place the remaining 19 stitches onto a second dp n. T he stitches on the two dpns
are the heel stitches (i.e., 17 stitches on one dpn and 19 stitches on the other).
Short Row Decreases
Row 1: k16, w&t
Row 2: k34, w&t
Row 3: k33, w&t
Row 4: k32, w&t
Continue in this manner, knitting one fewer stitch each row then working a wrap and turn until there are 12
unwrapped stitches. T he last row you work should be: k12, w&t (the right side of the sock should be facing
you).
Short Row Increases
Row 1: k13, w&t
Row 2: k14, w&t
Row 3: k15, w&t
Row 4: k16, w&t
Continue in this manner, knitting on more stitch each row then working a wrap and turn until there are
two wraps on the first heel stitch and two wraps on the last heel stitch. The last row you work should be:
k34, w&t (the right side of the sock should be facing you).
Knit the next 17 stitches onto the right needle. You should now have 18 stitches on the right needle and
the beginning of the rnd is at the center back (you will have to move the last stitch from the right needle
to the left needle). You are now ready to begin knitting in the round again. Redistribute your stitches
onto 3 or 4 dpns.

©2006 Susan Pierce Lawrence
For the personal, non-commercial use of members of the Six Sox Knitalong only. You may not reproduce this
pattern for distribution, sale, or any other purpose.

:clubs:[color=blue][size=2]The Mod Squad was here[/size][/color] :thumbsup:

Maybe you should ask in the SixSox KAL? The pattern is as far as I know only for the members of the group. And I have seen they are explaining how to do this.

You can put any stitches on waste yarn by threading a needle with the waste yarn and threading it through the stitches and taking them off the needle. To put them back on the needle just stick the needle through and cut the waste yarn.