Sock care

Hello everyone,

I admit to catching the sock bug :heart: …having knit 20+ socks over the past few months!
My question or request is…does anyone have any hints for remembering the washing instructions on the socks? For the gifted socks, I included the yarn wrapper. But, I am having a tough time trying to figure out how to keep track of the washing instructions for my personal sock collection.
ie. can I mark the socks in a specific way that would remind me of its washing instructions?
:??

After awhile, I forget which yarn is what and which yarn requires what type of wash/care :shrug:

Your hints/input would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa

Maybe you could just stitch an X in different colors of sock yarn on the tops or bottoms of the toe to remind you. say yellow x for socks that are machine washable and red x for ones that are not. :shrug:

I like to keep my labels and get a short length of wool - say 10 centimetres - and tie it on to the label (I poke a hole in the label). So when you wonder how do I wash these blue socks? Look at your labels, the label from the wool you used on the blue socks will have a piece of matching wool tied to it. Should work as long as you don’t make different pairs in wool that LOOKS identical but has different washing requirements.
Sarah