So, I've been crocheting

I’m still knitting, of course, but I decided last year that I should try to learn to crochet, if only for the purpose of being able to give knitted items a nice finish. The bag is a hobo bag I made as part of a crochet class I took at my LYS last fall. I used Saucy mercerized cotton yarn, and it was so much easier than I ever thought it would be. I would love to line it so I could use it for a summer bag, but I’m not a sewer so I wouldn’t even know how to go about lining it, especially because it’s round.

The rabbit is a Lion Brand pattern I found called Chocolate Bunny. I used Vanna’s Choice in Chocolate, and made it for my nephew, who has already named it Juju. :teehee: It’s the first crochet pattern I’ve done on my own, so I’m kind of proud of it. He’s a little crooked, but that just adds to his charm (the bunny, not the nephew). Next I want to try to make a granny square blanket, maybe. I want to keep it up, but I still like knitting better. :teehee:

Good job! I like chocolate bunnies! I call my daughter (Julianne) JuJu. I tried to knit this week. Didn’t get further than the initial chain. It looks so easy!

Nice work !! Well done :slight_smile:

The bunny is adorable,very good for a first pattern!

If your bag is round, you might envision a beach ball and make a lining out of that shape. MMmm, I know what I mean, does it make sense? You would either need a sewing machine, or a friend who has one. You could also look around, say at Walmart, for a bag to fit inside that one, and just tack it in. I’ve done that on occasion.

Great job! It’s nice to be able to crochet. Makes your project wish list that much longer! LOL

:yay: Great job!! the bunny is to cute!

Great job on both projects! :cheering:

Jessica, they both look great! :slight_smile: I love the bunny!

It is easy for me, now. hehe. Had I not taken the class, though, I don’t think I would have been able to do it. Crochet just doesn’t make as much sense to me as knitting does. :think: