So here's a different bobble

The baby foot washcloth says to make the toes to do this bobble

“Bobble: Same instructions as above, except you will knit one, purl one, knit one, purl one, knit one…….all into the same stitch to get FIVE stitches from one. Using the tip of your left needle, lift the furthest stitch away from the end of your needle over the other 4, then the next one over the remaiing three, and the next over the remaining two, and the last one over the remaining stitch –and tada!”

I thought with bobbles after you make the increases you turn the work and do something else. I don’t get this one. I get knit into the same stich (even though it sounds daunting) but then it says “Using the tip of your left needle, lift the furthest stitch away from the end of your needle over the other 4” is this sorta like in binding off when you lift a stich over the other :??

Oh by the way, here’s the pattern:

http://www.knittingknonsense.com/babyfeet.html

I’ve used a pattern that called for this kind of bobble before…it felt wonky at first but came out just right…in the words of St. Ingrid, trust the pattern! :smiley:

(Yes, it’s just like when you do a SKP or when you bind off – just slip the stitch over and drop it)

:shock: There’s another way to make bobbles?
That’s the only way to make them in crochet. :blush: Guess I figured that knitting bobbles would be pretty similar.

I think I saw them do this bobble pattern on KG once…

I thought it looked wonkey… but they look neat… I’ve not ventured into bobbles yet… they scare me … just as much as socks :slight_smile: :XX: :lol:

Which episode?

:thinking: U know I can’t remember off the top of my head… but I know they did a few different bobble styles… they also did beads and such on the same show… but I have a crappy memory…