Slouchy Cardi knit leaflet 603 by Panda

Hi I need some advice on this cardigan pattern that I am trying to knit .I had trouble understanding the pattern with area on shape for back neck . It said
Cast off 4 sts, k7 incl st rem on left-hand needle after casting off, Cast off next 7 sts, knit to end. Cont. on last 11 sts for left side of back neck. Please, can someone tell me, do I knit all these in the same row??
Next row - Cast off 4 sts, purl to last 2 sts, P2tog.
Cast off rem 6 sts. (Which one?)
With wrong side facing, join yarn to rem 7 sts for right side of back neck. Work one row. (knit or purl??) Cast off rem 6 sts. Please help me understand.
I am knitting this in size small.
Thank you very much
Jackie W

“Cast off 4 sts, k7 incl st rem on left-hand needle after casting off, Cast off next 7 sts, knit to end. Cont. on last 11 sts for left side of back neck.” Yes, this is all worked across one row.
(The pattern should say to K7 incl st rem on right-hand needle after casting off.) For the following directions you’ll be ignoring the 7sts between the cast off gaps. You’ll get to them later.

You end the row with knit the remaining sts (looks like 11sts in this section), turn to the purl side and follow the Next row directions on the same sts that you have just knit. Now turn to the knit side and cast off the remaining sts in this same section, the left side of the back neck.

When you reconnect yarn to the 7sts that have been waiting on the needle, you’ll have the WS (wrong side) facing so purl the sts.

Hi. Thank you so much. Will try it out again. Hopefully it’s work this time.
Jackie W

Hi. I need to asked again regarding the pattern on slouchy cardigan 603 by Panda. I did get all the part that you had explained. There is these part which I am still confused. It’s said
Next row- P2tog, purl to end. Work one row. Cast off rem 6 sts. My question is does work one row mean P2tog, purl to end then I turn my work and knit one row. Cast off the rem 6 sts in purl row. I am loss. Please help. Thank you
Jackie W

Row 1 P2tog, purl to end.
Row 2 Knit across the row.
Row 3 Cast off remaining 6sts.

So row 2 is just knit across the row without any decrease.

Hi. Thank you. It make sense now.
Jackie W

Hi please help me understand this slouchy pattern again . I had 20 sts on the needle at he moment. It is so confused the way they wrote this pattern. Here it is
Shape Front Slope
Dec one st at end of next row, sizes S,M,L and XL only-then in foll ( 16th -16th-12th-12th) row once.
I got all these part.
Shape Armholes-
Inc one st at beg of next row, then every foll 6th row 5 times, AT THE SAME TIME dec one st at front edge in (16th row) from previous dec (2-2-3-3) times…(22-24-26–28) sts
What I got confused is where the pattern said on Shape Armholes. Does the (22-24-26-28) sts meaning it’s include one st inc at beg of next row for Shape Armholes
Thank you so much for helping
JackieW

Dec one st at end of next row, (call this row 1) sizes S,M,L and XL only-then in foll ( 16th -16th-12th-12th) row once (this is row 17) 2sts dec
Shape Armholes-
Inc one st at beg of next row (row 18), then every foll 6th row 5 times, (rows 18,24,30,36r,42,48) 6sts inc

AT THE SAME TIME dec one st at front edge in (16th row) from previous dec (2-2-3-3) times…(rows 33 and 49) 2sts dec
(22-24-26–28) sts

So 20sts +6 -4=22sts. Does that make sense with your stitch count?

Hi. Thanks for the instructions, it was very good. There was one part that I do not really understand. Pleasr advise me again . Here it is
At the same time dec one st at front edge in 16th row from previous dec (2-2-3-3) times (row 33 and 49) 2 sts dec (22-24-26-28) sts. So 20 sts +6-4=22 sts.
What I am confused was if I made inc one st at front/beg edge in (16th row) , the next row will be on the (32 row) and (48 row) instead of (row 33 and 49) as what you had written
Please guide me. Thank you
Jackie W

"Dec one st at end of next row (I was calling this row 1) , sizes S,M,L and XL only-then in foll ( 16th -16th-12th-12th) row once (This would be row 17).
Shape Armholes-
Inc one st at beg of next row, then every foll 6th row 5 times, AT THE SAME TIME dec one st at front edge in (16th row) from previous dec (2-2-3-3) times (rows 33 and 49)

So the 16th row from the last dec would be row 33 but if you want to call that initial dec row, row 0 and count from there (16, 32, 48) that’s fine too. That’ll work!

Hi
Thank you so much for your direction. It does made sense now.
I had just finished the slouchy cardi back . It looks weird ! Do not even looks close to picture. I might have misread around shape armholes for back from start. Please advise me.
Inc one st at each end of next row then in every foll 6th row until there are 53 sts . Work 5 rows.
Does this mean (row 1), inc one st at end only and then on (row 7) inc one st end and so on until I had 53 sts .
Help Jackie W

Increase at each end means to increase at the beginning of the row and at the end of the row. There will be 2 sts increased every time you work an increase row.
This is often a source of error but you’re almost there!

Hi
Thank you so much.
Jackie W

Hi
I need some advice. I am starting on the sleeves section now . It’s said
Cast on 21 sts
Work 6 rows ribs as for back , inc 4sts evenly across last row…25 sts
Back
1st row-- k2*p1 , k1, repeat from * to last st, k1
2nd row-- k1,*p1 , k1, repeat from * to end
Question
My cast on 21 sts for sleeve, ribbing the same for back on 1st row does not end with k1 for last st. It was a purl . Is it all right?
Please advice . Thank you
Jackie W

That’s fine. The ribbing for the back may have been an even number of sts. The rib directions aren’t exact, just looking for a ribbing pattern similar to the back in the sense of k1, p1 or k2, p2 etc.

Thank you very much
Jackie W

Hi there. I just want to say thank you. I I finally finished my slouchy cardigan. It’s absolutely beautiful.
Now I am starting on my next project, Gift Of Love Cable Afghan by Bernat yarn company. This one is a huge project and I need your help again. Please guide me.
It said
Row 3 : P3, I Wrap 3, P2, K2, (P1, K1) twice, P1, K2tog. Double Inc in next st. ssk. (P1, K1) twice. P1, K2, P2, Wrap 3, P3 .
Question
What is Wrap 3 mean here. Is there any link video that I can watch . Please help.
Thanks and regards
Jackie W

Congratulations on your finished sweater! Enjoy wearing it.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gift-of-love-cable-afghan
This is a lovely next project.
If you look on page 1 under abbreviations, there’s a description of the “wrap 3”.

Wrap 3 = With yarn in back of work, slip next 3 stitches onto right-hand needle. Bring yarn to front of work. Slip 3 stitches back onto left-hand needle and bring yarn in front of stitches and to back of work. (K2tog. yo. K1) same 3 stitches.

Gift Of Love Cable Afghan
Hi
Thank You. The abbreviation in pattern is a bit unclear to me. Just to be clear,does wrap 3 mean after I slip back the 3 stiches onto left hand needle bring yarn back in front to the back again and do the K2tog but do not slip of the stich , do a YO and lastly made K1 on the same stiches again which I have stiches K2 tog , YO and the last one stich on left ) . Please advice. I hope my explaination on problems are clear.
Thank you
Jackie W

The yarn is in back (as if to knit). Slip the 3sts from the left to the right needle, bring the yarn to the front between the needles(as if to purl) and leave it hanging. Slip the 3 sts from the right to the left needle and bring the yarn strand along the front of the sts, then between the needles to the back.
You’ve now wrapped 3sts which are sitting on the left needle. Work those 3 by k2tog, yo, k1.