Slipstitch Edge in Place

Hello everyone,

The pattern of a cardigan I want to make has an edging which is knitted separately from the cardigan itself. The finishing portion of the pattern says: “Slipstitch edging in place”. How do I do that?

I think it just means to sew it together round and round–through the loops on one side from the top down and then through the loops on the other side top down, over and over again.

Thank you Ingrid. I was confused because of the “slip stitch” we use in knitting. :doh:

I can see why!