Slipper

Well, I completed the slipper, this time in terracotta yarn, but unfortunately the slipper doesn’t quite fit. It is supposed to fit a 9 1/2 inch foot, which is what my foot measures, but the slipper was tight at the big toe. I was going to undo the bind off and knit a few extra rows, but a fellow-knitter suggested that I would need to add to the length because of the way the pattern is worked.

Here is a link to the pattern, so you can see what I am talking about. You can add or subtract stitches when casting on, but I don’t know how many more I would need to cast on. My first attempt had 56 cast on.

Unfortunately I had the slipper frogged before I thought to check the tension.

Suggestions welcome.

Gillian

Those are very good looking slippers.
The pattern suggests adding 4sts to make the slipper a half inch larger. Sounds like an extra half inch might do it for you, depending on how tight the 56stitch slipper was at the toe?
I too, am blessed with size 9.5 feet. My mother always thought I’d be very tall. Un-unh.

The slipper was pulled quite tightly around the toe, so I was not happy with it. I have done as you suggested and cast on an extra 4 stitches. So far, so good. I am nearing the decreasing section.

Gillian