Slip stitch pattern

Hello! I am working on a pattern now and I am not sure if I am doing it right. If you could help me out that would be great. I am working out of the book 100 Knitting Projects by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss, pattern #15, if anyone has it. Anyway, the pattern is K1, yf, sl1, yb and is repeated for the whole row and then the next row is P2, *yb,sl1, yf, P1 and is repeated from * on for the rest of the row. Then those 2 rows are repeated and when I do it, it forms a kind of circle where the edges don’t get knit together and I’m not sure if it is right. It forms a kind of tube that you could stick your hand through and I don’t think it is supposed to do that but I am following the pattern. Am I doing something wrong?

It looks like you’re slipping the same stitches each time, and that the yarn is carried across the the back. Is that right?

Those stitches that are slipped aren’t connected to the stitches next to them, so it will be a different effect than regular knitting.

Maybe it’s curling and needs blocking when you’re done?:shrug:

It sounds like double knitting, but you normally knit sts on row 2, not purl them. Do you have an odd or even number of sts on the needle?

I have an even number of stitches. I have restarted multiple times because the slipped stitched just continuously twist and they get too tight to work with so I am going to try doing it with alternate stitches slipping and see what happens.

That would probably work out better.

Thank you very much for you comments! I tried alternating the slipped stitches and it worked better. I don’t know if that is how it was really supposed to be done but it worked and it looks good! I appreciate your comments very much!