Sleeves?!?

So I’m following a pattern for a comfy hoodie. It’s one where they had knit the body from the bottom, then make sleeves. However the directions once I got each of the sleeves done per the directions simply say “knit first sleeve onto body needle, pm, knit across back of sweater, pm, knit second sleeve onto body”

I just can’t figure out how this is supposed to work or what exactly I’m supposed to do. The sleeves have a raglan shaping, but everything I’ve seen says that raglan sleeves are top down.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you!

Welcome!
You’ll be knitting the yoke on this sweater with raglan decreases to shape it.
You have the body sts on your needle (likely a circular needle). There may be bound off sts for the underarms here. Now, knit across the sleeve sts, then across the sts for the back, the second sleeve and then the front. You’ll join to knit in the round. You want to end up with the sleeves correctly placed and on the same needle as the front and back.
Can you give us a link to the pattern or a pattern name?

Thank you! You are absolutely right about the yolk style. This is my first sweater and just couldn’t figure out how in the world it went together. lol
I’ve got it now, hopefully I finish before my son out grows it!