Sleeveless camisole

I am knitting a sleeveless camisole. I would like to have the underarm part comfortable foremost, and finished looking secondly, however: this part is not visible to the public, since it does go to ribbing of the 3 edge sts after the 6 rows of BO/

Under the arms it calls for :

BO 5 sts at beginning of next 2 rows. BO 3 sts at beg of next 4 rows, then working 3sts in from the edge, and keeping the 3 sts at the edge in ribbing , dec 1 st each side edge of the next 2 RS rows.

Thanks for the previous answer which showed me the sloped BO ( work to end of the row , leave one st on right needle, turn slip st p-wise, pass the back st over the front.

1’st ?? 1. Would alternating K and P BO look better ? feel better? or should I just stick the side I’m working on and bo k on a rs row and p on ws row?

2n’d ?? 2. When I get to working 3 stis in ribbing , I would k, p, k. (ssk) to decrese. Is this the right place to put the dec? – right after the ribbing or should I go 1 st more in?-- at the end of the row I would leave 5 sts and
K2tog, k, p, k? Is this correct?

Thanks for the great help, Stacey in Naples –
s :XX:

I usually bind off in pattern when I’m doing the underarms–just seems to make more sense.

I’d decrease in the stitch right inside the ribbing. I’ve done this recently on a sweater at the edge of the button band and it looks nice. I think the decrease would show if you made it one stitch in from the ribbing.

Where in the ribbing? Thanks for your quick reply!!!

You want to keep the three stitches of ribbing so do the decreases like you said in your original post.

2n’d ?? 2. When I get to working 3 stis in ribbing , I would k, p, k. (ssk) to decrese. Is this the right place to put the dec? – right after the ribbing or should I go 1 st more in?-- at the end of the row I would leave 5 sts and
K2tog, k, p, k? Is this correct?