Sleeve Meltdown - Any help appreciated

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all having a good evening.

I’m new to this forum and I’m at the end of my tether with a cardigan knitting pattern. I’ve been happily knitting away until I got to the sleeves, my confidence has been shot with my confusion over the pattern. I’ve done the 1st set of 12 in the pattern, I’m knitting the 3rd size, so I’ve got 47 stitches on my needles now.

I’m about to start the 2nd set of the 12 row pattern and I’m confused. Do I need to carry on increasing the stitches as set out in the pattern as well as increasing the stitches that are mentioned further down where it states to increase in 5th and every following 6th row, until I get to 75 stitches. Then what do I do when I get to 75 stitches, do I just ignore the parts of the pattern where it says to increase?

I’m about to throw the whole thing in the bin with frustration as its made me feel really stupid :frowning:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Well these sorts of directions are confusing. What pattern are you following and what is the row gauge for the pattern please? Can you give us a pattern name?

Hiya,

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

The gauge is 17sts and 23 rows to 10cm on 6mm needles, the pattern is Stylecraft 9320 Alpaca Tweed Chunky.

I was dreaming about knitting the sleeves all wrong last night :frowning:

Very nice!

OK, the first 12 rows set the pattern and start the increases according to the pattern. Thereafter the increases are on the next 5th and every following 6th rows. That puts the increases on rows 5 and 11 of the pattern sequence. Don’t repeat the increases given in the pattern rows 1-12, from now on, just inc on rows 5 and 11. Once you get to 75sts, continue knitting without any increases (knitting straight).

Thankyou very much, I’m gonna give that a try tonight. I’m knitting 2 sleeves at the same time for the first time too so I’ve given myself a bit of a mountain to climb.

Thanks again :smile: