Sleeve cap shaping - help with pattern?

Hi all, I am new to this forum but hope you might be able to help me. I am working on this pattern here (I am knitting the Med size.)

The sleeve is worked in stockinette stitch until 23" long, and then come these instructions below. I am confused, when it says BO sts at beg of next two rows, does that mean two more rows of stockinette, or of the decrease rows with the ssk/k2tog? At first I thought it was the latter, until I read the last two lines at the bottom, where there is no “next two rows” specified, since the instruction following is to BO all the sts. (I’ve also already found a mistake in this pattern, so I’m worried there is something funky going on.)

Thanks in advance!

[B]Sleeve Cap:[/B]
BO [3, 5, 5, 8] sts at beg of next two rows. 44[50, 52, 66, 66] sts

[I]Sizes S, M Only:[/I]
Next Row [RS]: K2, ssk, k to last 4 sts, k2tog, k2.
Next Row [WS]: P2, p2tog, p to last 4 sts, p2tog tbl, p2.
Repeat these 2 rows once more. 36[42, _, _, _] sts rem.

[I]Sizes L, XL, XXL Only:[/I]
BO_[_, 2, 4, 4] sts at beg of next 2 rows. _[_48,58, 58] sts rem.

[I]Size XL Only:[/I]
Next Row [WS]: P2, p2tog, p to last 4 sts, p2tog tbl, p2.
Repeat these 2 rows once more. 50 sts rem.

[I]All Sizes: [/I]
P 1 row.
Repeat these 2 rows 9[11, 13, 13, 16] times more. 16[18, 20, 22, 24] sts rem.

BO 3[3, 4, 4, 5] sts at beg of next 2 rows.
BO rem 10[12, 12, 14, 14] sts.

You bind off the stitches on the next 2 rows of stockinette and then you work the decrease rows as specified for your size.

Just follow the pattern line by line and you will be ok.

Nothing wonky there as far as I can tell. Looks pretty straightforward.

Thanks zkimom. This is my first sweater, and I stupidly chose a difficult pattern. Not to mention I’ve never shaped anything before. But I figured what the heck, might as well challenge myself! Thanks again…

When you do pick something a little over your head, you always learn something. Next project, it won’t be as difficult.