Single crochet

Hi everyone. I’ve got a poncho that I’ve done suing lion brand homespun and I’m trying to single crochet a border around the neck area. I had a friend show me, but she did it so fast, that I can’t even remember the first step. I tried some of the video that are on stitchguide but I don’t understand how to get started off the neck area on my poncho.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you!!

Are you having trouble figuring out how to start crocheting into your knitting, or actually doing the stitch? Or both?

Here’s how to do a single crochet. If you need the diagrams explained, just ask.
http://www.learntoknit.com/instructions_cr.php3

To crochet into your knitting, I would advise you to just crochet into every stitch. I’m fairly certain that in knitting when you BO the edge looks pretty similar to what crochet edges look like, so it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. Oh, and when you bind off - Don’t pull through on that last loop, or undo it if you already have. You can just put your hook through that loop and start to crochet your border.

Thank you for that link. I was having trouble starting the first row/chain off the edge of my knitting. I have somewhat competed that row now, and now I’m attempting to start another row. Hopefull it’ll look okay.

worse case I’ll just take it off and start again!!

Thank you.

Just make sure to put up pics in the Completed Projects sticky in General Knitting when you’re done! I’d love to see it! :smiley:

Just make sure to put up pics in the Completed Projects sticky in General Knitting when you’re done! I’d love to see it! :smiley: