Simple Sweater Pattern Question!

I’m at the neck on the back piece for a sweater pattern and for some reason having a lot of trouble figuring out what they mean by these instructions (I’m following the small size/the one not in brackets):

Shape shoulders and back neck
Next row (RS): Cast off 3 [3: 3: 3: 4] sts, patt until there are 25 [27:
28: 31: 33] sts on right needle and turn, leaving rem sts on a holder.
Work each side of neck separately.
Keeping patt correct, dec 1 st at neck edge of next 4 rows, then on foll
3 alt rows and at same time cast off 3 [3: 3:
4: 4] sts at beg of 2nd and foll 4 [3: 2: 4: 3] alt rows, then
– [4: 4: -: 5] sts at beg of foll – [1: 2: -: 1] alt rows.
Work 1 row.
Cast off rem 3 [4: 4: 4: 5] sts

There’s no real image of the finished back piece and I guess mainly I’m trying to figure out if the decreases are all supposed to be along the neck. It’s this sweater:

Sorry if this is written terribly, I’ve been trying to write out this part of the pattern more simply for myself but I’ve just made myself more confused!

Welcome to KH!
Shape shoulders and back neck
Next row (RS): Cast off 3 sts, patt until there are 25 sts on right needle and turn, leaving rem sts on a holder.
Work each side of neck separately.
Keeping patt correct, dec 1 st at neck edge of next 4 rows, then on foll
3 alt rows and at same time cast off 3 sts at beg of 2nd and foll 4 [3: 2: 4: 3] alt rows.
Work 1 row.
Cast off rem 3 sts

After the turn, call the next row, row 1. Decrease one stitch at the neck edge on rows 1,2,3,4 and then rows 6,8 and 10. At the neck edge bind off 3 sts on rows 2,4,6,8 and 10. That’ll leave you with 3 sts.

Thank you! I need to get better at interpreting instructions haha, back done!

Just keep working patterns and that’ll happen. Enjoy finishing the rest of the sweater!