Short rows

I’m just about ready to pull all my hair out! I’m doing a seamless crew neck sweater from one of EZ’s books and am at the point where she says to use short rows in the ribbing of the neck to shape the neck. I’ve tinked it twice already, all while having Amy’s video playing. I think the problem is combining the short rows procedure with the K1P1 ribbing. What will happen if I don’t use short rows and just do the ribbing all the way around? :wall: :wall: :wall:

How many rows are we talking? If it’s just a few, I don’t think it will matter too much–I just made a top down one-piece sweater and there was no special shaping at the neck. It’s fine.

I’d try just the ribbing and before binding off run a thread or two circs through the stitches so you can try it on. If, for some unforseeable reason it’s not right, you can always tink back and try again. :shrug:

Thanks, Ingrid. I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. It seems to be going okay now. Perseverance does pay after all. If not I’m going to try it without the shaping. It was only 6 rows.

I’m glad you worked it out. :thumbsup: