Short row shaping

Hi Everyone,

I’m working on the Donna sweater from MagKnits and need some help with the instructions on short row shaping. I appreciate any help you can give me.

The pattern says,

In pattern, knit across your garment until one stitch before ribbing pattern. Wrap the next stitch (with yarn in back, slip next stitch from left needle to right needle, bring yarn to front, slip stitch back to left needle) turn your work, and purl back to one stitch before ribbing pattern. Wrap next stitch (with yarn in front, slip next stitch from left needle to right needle, bring yarn to back, slip stitch back to left needle) then turn your work. Work back to within 4 stitches of ribbing, wrap stitch, turn, work back within 4 stitches of ribbing, wrap, turn. Continue until six stitches are wrapped one each side (for a C Cup; see notes for larger cup sizes).

I worked the first part and then the part within 4 stitches, so how do I work the next stitches to get to six stitches? Do I work to within 5 stitches? 7 stitches?

Oops, as I cut and paste the instructions I already see that I worked to within 4 inches and will have to go frog that part, bummer.

It sounds like each wrap is 3 stitches from the last one, but I don’t understand the part about 6 stiches one each side. It makes it sound like there are 6 sides.

I think it’s every 3 stitches until you’ve done a total of 6 wraps on each side.

I’m going to try every 3 stitches and see how it looks, appreciate the help. :hug:

The one each side' is a typo; should beon’ each side.