Shell lace pullover Omega

Here’s where I’m having a problem

Establish Yoke Pattern: Cont in patt est over center sts, work in St st to next sk2p, work k2tog instead of sk2p; work in patt across to last sk2p, work ssk instead of sk2p, work in St st to end; (St st and single decrease at each end will keep stitch count even). Continue as established until armhole meas 7 (7.5, 8, 8.5, 9)” from shaping, keeping beginning and end sts in St st, end after a WSR.

Then next section says you should have 106 stitches. Does work out to that. Started out with 86 and end with 86. HELP

Welcome!
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shell-lace-pullover
I’m not sure I’m understanding the problem.
You’re making the 3rd size? It starts with 116sts and decreases to 106 and then 86 after shaping the armhole. You have 86sts at the bind off of the back.
The front works the same way, 116 to 106sts and then 86sts after the armhole bind off. Then the front differs from the back and you follow the directions specifically for the front.

What’s throwing me off is the top of page 3:
Work as for Back until armhole measures 2 (2.5, 3, 3.5, 4)” from beg of shaping, end after WSR – 84 (95, 106, 117, 128) sts rem; pm each side of center 40 (41, 42, 43, 44) sts.
It talks about having 106 stitches remaining. I really think it’s incorrect. The diagram certain doesn’t show an increase.

Thank you for your help!
Debbi

Ah, I see where you are. Yes, it should be 86sts, same as the back after the armhole shaping.

There’s a complaint on Ravelry about the pattern especially towards the neckline and sleeve cap. The pattern gets 2 stars from the one person who ranked it. There may be more errors to watch out for.

Thank you so much!! Been knitting for over 50 years and felt a little crazy trying to figure it out.

Enjoy finishing this very lovely top!