Sharp pokey metal thingy

A lady showed me a large needle that had a pointed flat end at the tip. She used it for finishing off work, for threading the tail end of the yarn back in and tying off.

She said she had it for decades and didn’t know what it’s called. Does anyone know what it is? I’d like to pop in a shop and ask for one without calling it a sharp, pokey, metal thingy.

Do I need one of these for putting tassels/fringe/stringy hanging things on a scarf? Do you use a crochet hook? Or something else…?

Thanks! :smiley:

Did it look like an extra large sewing needle??? It sounds to me like a tapestry needle. Not sharp on the end like a sewing needle, but the same idea, with an eye to thread your yarn through and you use it for weaving in loose ends when finishing a piece.

you use crochet hooks or your fingers to add fringe :wink:

And yea that large needle is a tapestry needle.

I have one of those, too. It came in a set of large sewing/tapestry needles. If you just look/ask for a large tapestry needle, you should be able to get what you need. The main thing is to have the eye big enough for the yarn.

My lys keeps a big ole mug of plastic ones for people to take if they’re finishing something.