Sharon

Hi I need some help on a new pattern I am trying. They are slippers with a cuff which is cabled. I have been knitting for years but this has me stumped. It has instruction but also a diagram. I tried following it but no dice it doesn’t work! Please help me.

We’ll all be happy to try. Can you give us a pattern link or a pattern name and tell us what directions have you stumped?

There are hundreds of slipper patterns so a link and where inthe pattern the problem is would help. If the pattern is in a book then type out a few lines of what is giving you trouble. (Don’t post the entire pattern)

The pattern is Little Red Riding Slippers by Drops Design. I did the foot part which was interesting because I found the pattern to be extremely vague. Now I am attempting the cuff which is a cabled design. The latter is as follows. Cast on 22 sts. Work in garter st for 2 rows. On 2nd row increase 6 sts evenly a crossed row. I did all this with no trouble. Then it says to refer to diagram A-1 which is a graph. Telling me to in from WS, p from rs then p from WS and in from w s

Cute slippers!

You’re knitting the cuff as a separate piece. The chart A.1 is read from the bottom right to the left for Row 1 and then Row 2 is read from the left to the right. That makes the first 2 rows:
Row 1: k5, p2, k6, p2, k6, p2, k5
Row 2: k3, p2, k2, p6, k2, p6, k2, p2, k3
It may help to number the rows starting at the bottom and going up. For this chart, the odd rows will be RS (follow the symbols for RS only) and the even rows will be WS (follow the symbols in the chart for WS only).
Here’s some help with charts:

Thank you so much. I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate your help