Shaping sleeve cup confusing instructions

Knitting sleeve and shaping sleeve cap and pattern reads as follows: slipping first st throughout, bind off 2 sts at beg of next six rows. Knitting together first 2 sts and last 2 sts bind off remaining sts. Cut yarn; pull end through last st.” Can someone break this in simple terms??? Thank you

For the sleeve cap, slip the first stitch of the row, bind off it off and then bind off the next stitch, work to the end of the row, turn and bind off 2 sts at the beginning of the next row then finish that row. Repeat these two rows 2 more times (total of 12sts bound off).
On the last row, k2tog, k1, pass first stitch on right needle over the second then k1 and pass first over second stitch (1stitch dec and 2sts bound off). Continue to bind off sts. When there are 2sts remaining on the left needle, k2tog, pass second over first, cut yarn leaving about a 6" tail and pull the tail through the last stitch.

1 Like

Salmonmac, thank you so much for your prompt reply❤️ I think I understand it now.
RoseD

1 Like

Hello Salmonmac again​:grinning: this is Rose, and I am stuck again with that little owl sweater pattern. I know you also own the pattern, so it will be easy if I ask you to please decipher for me the section of the “neckband” what exactly are they saying??? I have 12 sts on holder on right front which includes the 7 sts of the button band, so where do I start picking up those 5 sts??? I am so confused :frowning: Please offer some clarification, so I can finally finish this little sweater. Thank you so much​:heart:

I’m not sure I have this exact pattern but I do have an owl sweater pattern. Sounds like you knit across the 12sts (or slip them to the right hand needle) then start picking up 5sts up the side of the right front neck (that’s right front as you would wear the sweater).
I can check my pattern in a little while.

ETA: My pattern just says pick up 60sts around the neck. Not so helpful.