Shaping shoulders

Hi. I’m new to the forum so please be kind.

I’m knitting a tank top from ‘baby and toddler knits made easy’ and am stuck on the instruction ‘shape shoulder’.

It goes:
-K12, turn and leave rem sts on a spare needle
-p to end
-K to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1
-P to end 11 sts
SHAPE SHOULDER.
Cast off

Can anyone help I don’t have a clue what to do.

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
You’re going to work one shoulder and leave the rest of the sts for the center and the other shoulder for later.

K12, turn as you would if you were at the end of a row. Place the sts remaining on the left needle on a holder or spare needle.
Purl the 12sts that you just knit.
Knit across 9sts to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1
Turn to the purl side, and purl 11 sts to the end of the row.

Directions should follow for shaping the shoulder on these 11sts.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I’ve worked all that part I’m just totally stuck on the shape shoulder part as that is the only instructions I have. It doesn’t say how to shape the shoulder. Sorry if I’m being a bit dumb.

Is this the front or the back? See if there are directions elsewhere in the pattern for “Shape Shoulders”. Sometimes the directions for the back are repeated on the front.
If absolutely no directions are given, you could put the 11sts on a holder and later join them to the other piece (front or back) using 3-needle bind off. Since this is a baby tank, there’s probably not a lot of shoulder shaping required anyway.

Thanks. This is the back part and there aren’t any instructions on the front either so I think I’ll do what you said and just knit the front and leave the back on a stitch holder and join them at the end.
Thanks for your help :thumbsup: