Shaping Shoulders

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I’m having in shaping the shoulders on the back of a jumper I am knitting. So far I have 106 stitches on the needles and I have knitted 47cm and got to the next stage, but I have hit a problem. I cannot work out how the next bit will work at all. These are the next instructions:

Next row – Cast off 8 sts, K until there are
20 sts on right hand needle, turn and work this
side first.
Next row – P2tog, P to end. 19 sts.
Next row – Cast off 8 sts, K to last 2 sts, K2tog.
10 sts.
Next row – P2tog, P to end.
Cast off rem 9 sts.
Slip centre 47 sts onto a stitch holder With RS
facing rejoin yarn to rem sts, K to end.
Complete to match first side reversing shapings.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Welcome to KH!
You’re going to shape one side of the neck and the shoulder leaving the center sts and the other shoulder on hold until one side is finished. After the cast off of 8sts, follow the directions turning when there are 20sts on the right hand needle. Turn as you would at the end of a row and ignore the sts remaining on the left hand needle for the present. Cast off at the armhole edge and decrease at the neck edge as given.
When the one shoulder is finished, go back to the sts waiting on the needle and put the center sts on a holder while you shape the other side of the neck and shoulder.
One thing, if the shoulders take 28sts each then the center must be 50sts in order to add up to 106. Check those numbers and perhaps put the center 50sts on a holder or work the extra sts into the shoulders.
What pattern are you making? Can you give us a link or a pattern name?

http://www.knitrowan.com/files/patterns/Millet.pdf

Thanks for the link. Very stylish shaping and overall look to the sweater.
Yes, you should have 103sts on the needle when you start the neck and shoulder shaping.

Sorry, I miss counted! Thanks for your help!