Shaping armholes on circular needles

Hello

Please can anyone tell me how to shape armholes when knitting in the round? I have divided my sweater into two halves using two straight needles. how do I continue with the front half that does not have the yarn attached to it?

Usually the instructions have you continue with the half that has the yarn attached but if not, use a new end of yarn to start working the directions for the front half. There should be directions for shaping or decreasing at the armhole edge in the pattern. Can you post a link to the pattern or give us the pattern name?

[QUOTE=salmonmac;1350568]Usually the instructions have you continue with the half that has the yarn attached but if not, use a new end of yarn to start working the directions for the front half. There should be directions for shaping or decreasing at the armhole edge in the pattern. Can you post a link to the pattern or give us the pattern name?[/QUOTE

Thank you.

I have completed shaping back ragland armholes. I am at the point where I need to now continue with the half without the yarn attached - is there a particular way that I need to attach new yarn or should I just go ahead and knit second half with a new ball of yarn?

Sorry for the confusion - hope this makes sense.

The pattern is in Patons Book 3776 Style 12.

You can just start knitting with the new end of yarn. Leave about a 6 inch tial to weave in later. You don’t have to knot the two yarn together but you might knit the first stitch with both yarns, old and new, held together, then drop the old yarn and continue with the new. Don’t worry that the end stitch is a little loose. You can always snug it up later when you weave in the ends.