Shape shoulders and back neck Grasmere pattern

Hello,
I wonder if someone can help me “decipher” some steps in a pattern I am trying to follow, Grasmere by Marie Wallin.

I have arrived at the point of shaping shoulders and back neck and the patters reads:

[COLOR=“Blue”]Next row (RS): Cast off 4 sts, moss st until there are 8 sts on right needle and turn, leaving rem sts on a holder[/COLOR] = > so far I understand that I have to continue knitting the 8 sts left on the right needle, one shoulder.

Work each side of neck separately = > which I would start doing by knitting on WS the 8 sts left on the right needle

[COLOR=“Blue”]Cast off 3 sts at beg of next row[/COLOR] = > i.e. WS?
[COLOR=“Blue”]Cast off rem 5 sts[/COLOR] = > i.e. RS?

[COLOR=“Blue”]With RS facing, rejoin yarns to rem sts, cast off centre 11 sts, moss st to end[/COLOR] = > Here I don’t understand any more. How am I supposed to rejoin yarns after casting off the last 5 sts if I only have the yarn with which I have been working?

[COLOR=“Blue”]Complete to match first sind, reversing shapings [/COLOR]= > this must be the other shoulder, but it is a mystery to me how I am supposed to work this.

Maybe someone has the knowledge and enough patience to help me with this. I would be very very grateful.

Kommmitmei

Ravelry page

Welcome to the forum! Lovely, warm looking jacket.
Cast off 3 sts at beg of next row = > i.e. WS? Yes, cast off at the beginning of the WS row, the neck edge.
Cast off rem 5 sts = > i.e. RS? Yes, that’s correct.

With RS facing, rejoin yarns to rem sts, cast off centre 11 sts, moss st to end = > Here I don’t understand any more. How am I supposed to rejoin yarns after casting off the last 5 sts if I only have the yarn with which I have been working? Cut the working yarn after casting off the 5sts leaving about a 6inch tail to weave in later. Start knitting with the new end of yarn on the unworked sts. You should again leave about a 6inch tail so that you can weave it in later.

Complete to match first sind, reversing shapings = > this must be the other shoulder, but it is a mystery to me how I am supposed to work this. OK, you’ve cast off the center 11sts and worked to the end of the row. Now turn, cast off 4 sts on the WS and moss st to the end of the row (the neck edge). Turn to the RS row and cast off 3sts, work to the end of the row, turn, cast off the rem 5sts.

Thanks for the pattern link, GG!

Many thanks for your prompt reply, salmonmac. I will try to follow your explanations.
Have a nice day!
CC