Shape armhole and front slope

Hi everyone, I’m working on a men cardigan at the moment and The book come up with the shape armholes and front slope that I’m not quite understand what I suppose to do. Please help.

So It says this:
Shape armhole and front slope:
Keep patt correct, cast off 6 (8-9-10) sts at beg of the next row … 44(48-51-55) sts.
Work 1 row
Dec one st armhole edge in every row 3(3-5-7) times, then in every alt row 2(4-3-3) times, AT THE SAME TIME dec one st at front edge in the next row, then every alt row 5(6-7-8) times, then in every 4th row 8times …25(26-27-28) sts rem
Work 1 row

Shape shoulder
Cast off 8(9-9-9) sts at beg next and alt row.
Work 1 row.
Cast off 9(8-9-10)

Hi mandy
Yoi are going to co 6 stitches = 44 stitched then:

Dec 1 stitch at armhole row for rows 1, 2, 3, 5, 7
AT THE SAME TIME DEC FRONT EDGE ON THESE ROWS
rows 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43
Then follow instructiond as given, work 1 row then shape shoulder by co 8 stitched of the nect row and the alternate row. Let me know if this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

Kinda understand what you means, but im not so sure which side is the armhole and which is front edge. Is the CO 6sts is the armhole??

The armhole side should be the outside of the piece you are working on, where you start and end the row

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t see this and replied to the earlier post for size M.

1 Like

Salmonmac you and i are off 1row and i think the confusion is where Mandy writrs “work 1 row” and then goes on to dec one at armhole in every row, etc. It doesn’t say AND so i guess we go with yours

1 Like

Thanks Trisha54 and Salmonmac ^^

I think I get it and I’m working on it :thinking::+1:

Hope we didn’t confuse you more