Sewing Pasha the Penguin together

Thanks to those to answered my previous post with the W&T. It came out rather nicely (for the most part) after I practiced properly knitting the wrapped stitches.

Now that all the pieces of the penguin are done, I have to sew them all together. Here is the pattern again: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTpasha.html

She is so descriptive through the entire pattern and, to me, it gets a little vague on the finishing part. (Or maybe I am just really nervous about this part?! hehe)

Notice how her penguin is nearly seamless where the front and back pieces are attached. Does one achieve this optical wonderment with years and years of knitting practice or does someone have a good tip here? Secondly, I was wondering if, perhaps, she meant to sew it with needle and a thread, not yarn?

I am so horrible at attaching things together still and I don’t want this penguin to look too awful. Does anyone have any knitting insight on this one?

Thanks in advance!! Must finish this penguin today to send off to my mom tomorrow! :XX: :XX: :XX:

I’ve never knitted this one, but look at this link. Go down to the mattress stitch video. I think this stitch would work for seaming up the penguin. I would sew it with yarn, not thread. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Danielle,
Thanks for the link, I’ve practiced this before but did not realize it was an option here because of the two separate colors! I’m still such a novice when it comes to this part of knitting.

I’ll study the video and knit up a swatch for practice! Thanks again.

Jen

Update - It’s coming along nicely. I will post pics when he is done!

Thanks for the much needed push in the right direction :slight_smile:

:cheering: Can’t wait to see it! :thumbsup:

Okay, apparently my W&Ts didn’t come out AS nicely, but the good news is, the seaming was, well, um…seamless!! hehe

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I am going to do some more practicing on swatches with W&T so I know exactly how to do it next time.

Penguinly perfect! :cheering:

Hey that looks really good :cheering: I was planning on doing this with my 10 year old son who loves penguins. Now that someone else has actually done it I have less fear to do it too. Yeah you!