Setup for heel flap

hi im working the pattern “Hiking Boot Socks” from Knitting with Balls and am rather confused with stitch setup. the instructions say the following:

Working from the beg of round, K8 sts, sl rem 2 sts to second needle. Turn work. Sl 1 pwise and P15 sts; use the same needle to work all 15. Sl rem 2 sts onto second needle Sl 10 of the 19 sts on the second needle onto one of the empty needles and hold for instep. Working across these 16 sts onlyu, beg heel st pattern.

I am stumped after sl 2 rem to second needle. Does this mean a new needle or the actual second needle. Heres where i am starting from beg of round

i k8 then put the rem 2 onto the needle w/ 15 on it, is that correct?
any guidance much appreciated

sorry to be a burden but I’m bumping this cuz i need 2 finish these socks asap for a deadline. (ive been refreshing this page since 2 oclock *i havent left my computer) and my patience is slowly deteriorating :wink:

:hug:

Lets see if I can figure it out with ya. I haven’t knit that exact pattern, but I do have a measly 4 pairs of socks to my name. My thought will be in blue below as I break the pattern down.

Working from the beg of round, K8 sts, sl rem 2 sts to second needle. [COLOR=“Blue”]Ok, knit 8 stitches across needle 1. Move the last 2, unworked stitches to needle 2. From this point on, you are working flat, not in the round.[/COLOR] Turn work. [COLOR=“Blue”] This means turn like working flat, not turn for a round, so you are going to be purling the stitches that you JUST knit off needle 1. Needle 2 is idle [/COLOR]Sl 1 pwise and P15 sts; use the same needle to work all 15. [COLOR=“Blue”]You will knit first off needle 1, then continue to knit 8 stitches off of needle 3, using the same working needle off both needles. [/COLOR] Sl rem 2 sts onto second needle [COLOR=“Blue”] these last 2 stitches again go to needle 2, which is sitting idle, these just go on the opposite end from the first 2 [/COLOR]Sl 10 of the 19 sts on the second needle onto one of the empty needles and hold for instep. [COLOR=“Blue”] This helps you not have so many on needle 2 itself, and breaks up your instep stitches. There is no “work” being done, just moving the stitches.[/COLOR]Working across these 16 sts only [COLOR=“Blue”] that are on the needle that you used to knit off needles 1 and 3[/COLOR], beg heel st pattern.

HTH!

finished one sock already thanks for all who helped!