September 2019, Whatcha' Knitting?

Hurricane on the way and summer hanging on but there’s just a hint of cooler mornings for some of us.
Fall knitting plans or finished projects? We’d love to see and read about them.
rsz_2love-knitting-heart-shaped-pattern-red-yarn-50555069

I’m working on this little romper/overall type thing for the baby. It’s just gotten to a point where it’s starting to look like something.

i’m using knitpick’s simply cotton sport weight with us sz 5 (3.75mm) needles. it’s knit in the round–well, seamlessly, i guess, to be exact, as the straps were knit flat. i cast on provisionally and worked up to the ends of the shoulder straps, and now i’m working down towards the bottom. i plan to add a thin crochet edging of some sort around the top, maybe in some colored appalachian baby yarn i have leftover in my stash.

i took some inspiration, loosely, from this pattern https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/striped-rompers (or rather, what little i could understand of it, since i can’t read japanese) but i’m basically making it up as i go. should be cute though–baby knits are usually pretty forgiving that way…

Trying to get some solid work done on a crochet cardigan before getting back to knit projects. Yarn is an unknown, picked up from someone off Freecycle in hanks so long that I could step through them. All I know is it is fingering weight and wool :slight_smile: Making it up as I go, have only a vague idea of what I want it to look like and I am letting any mistakes help shape it.

Knitster, those rompers are going to be adorable! Thanks for the pattern link.

Themom, lovely. If your mistakes are resulting in this beautiful pattern, I want to see more of them!

Can’t wait to see both of these projects when you finish.

rsz_img_1870
This little cardigan is from the Heirloom Cables pattern by Lion Brand. It’s for a friend’s first baby. There was even enough yarn leftover to make a hat to go with.

So cute!

Taking a break from the Whoopsie Cardi, all kinds of problems with the arm holes now. Wanted something simple like a hat in the meantime, so I went to 50 Fabulous Aran Stitches by Rita Weiss to find a way to complicate it needlessly :slight_smile: This rope pattern mirrored on both sides and three twisted cables between. I am so loving this so far, my hands hate me though…

Beautiful cable work and a lovely design!

Thank you!

That is beautiful! I love the color!

Ooh! Very nice cabling, lovely colour, altogether scrumptious :heart_eyes:

Follow-up to my earlier post:

I’ve finished the mysterious “romper/onesie thingy”.

Made some major changes as I went so this is the final result (before any sort of washing/blocking).

How adorable! it will look so sweet on some very fashionable baby.

thanks! it’s for my son. i haven’t actually got to try it on him yet as he was napping when i finished sewing the buttons… :slight_smile: