September 2018 Whatcha' Knitting?

September and cooler weather ahead for many in the northern hemisphere. Let’s see what you’ve been working on.
Whatcha%20bike
Pretty, but perhaps difficult to maintain!

Wow!! Too beautiful to ride :slight_smile:

I don’t have any thing yet but after I order the yarn for my grandson Hunter’s blanket I will be knitting up a storm. He wants Yellow and knit picks only has 3 shade of yellow I can use.

Working on another pullover, bottom up on circulars(another 1st for me) on second sleeve and just about ready for the fun(horrorshow!!!) to begin when I start the yoke :joy::joy::joy:

Great looking sweater! I like bottom up sweater with yokes. The stitches keep decreasing in a most gratifying way. Enjoy that fun.

Just finished, not perfect but I learned a lot and will do a better job next time :grin:

Well it sure looks perfect! You work is fabulous, notknittingknots and this is just one more lovely example. I’m in awe.

Thank you salmonmac xx I didn’t hold the yarn tight enough for the first few rounds of the yoke so had to rip back and re do, but even then it was still a bit too loose at the sleeve joins for a couple of rounds. I’d kept an extra stitch each side of the sleeves to k2tog at that join point too!! I also think I may have to redo the collar, tighten it up a little bit but I’ll wait and see what my daughter thinks first.

Wow!! Looks excellent to me😁
Really beautiful work!!

Thank you :blush: you’re very kind xx

After a lot of nagging, I caved in and made my daughter a bun beanie.At least it’s 50g of stash yarn used up lol :smile:
and the pattern works equally well as a closed top boy/man beanie too!
boy%20C%20B%20hat

Extra credit for using up stash yarn! Great looking hat and color combination.

Love it! Looks amazing to me!!! What was the difficulty level? This looks like a great Christmas present for my teenaged niece! Maybe in a nice burgundy? Congrats!

For me, just finished a layette set for a nephew’s baby due in December and a whole bunch (12) of preemie caps!!! Working on a round neck pullover for me, then it’s back to Christmas presents for the family!!! Luckily it’s a small family…:joy: This forum and its technical experts have saved my sanity more than once so knitting is still lots of fun!!!

Thank you salmonmac :blush:

Thank you Spurs, I’ve no idea what level of difficulty it would come under, I made the pattern up myself so, for me, it was easy lol :smile:

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Well, being a relatively new knitter, the difficulty level is important… Unbeknownst to me the my first project after knitting a scarf and hat was an “advanced” cardigan pattern, with a lovely lace pattern in the sleeves and if it hadn’t been for Salmonmac I may have quit knitting altogether!!! But you created your own pattern!!! Wow!!! I’m very impressed!!! Cudos to you!!! Keep up the great work and happy knitting!!!

I’m working on a pixie bonnet (probably not the best pattern for an absolute beginner) for my future baby (hopefully) girl. Tho, I’m stuck on part of the pattern and waiting for help on my post😂

Thank you x I’m very impressed that you were confident in yourself to take on an advanced pattern, that you didn’t quit when the going got tough and that you weren’t too proud to ask for help when you needed it.This shows great determination and grit - I applaud you :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
I don’t think my hat is a very difficult knit at all and, when I’ve sorted out a few things (it’s all just scribbles on paper at the mo’ lol) I’ll probably add it to my ravelry project page (same name as here) as I have no idea how to write up a real pattern!! I’m currently trying it in a childs size full beanie and then I want to try it in a mans size (I think it will work as an unisex hat) with a couple of tweaks that have occurred to me as I’ve been knitting them.

I will definitely check them out in Raverly… Thanks for the encouragement!!! Always appreciated… Happy knitting!!!