Seed Stitch increase

I am working on a baby blanket the border is done in seed stitch and it then goes into panels of cables. Here’s my problem, the increases. You cast on 139 stitches and do 16 rows of seed stitch. Then row 17 reads like this:
(Increase row): K1, (P1,K1) 7 times, increase, *[K1, (p1, k1) 4 times, increase] twice, K1,(P1, K1) 11 times, increase: repeat from * once more, [k1, (p1, k1) 4 times, increase] twice, K1, (p1, k1) across: 148 stitches.
Increases are stated as yarn overs and depends on the stitch before and after on how you wrap the yarn around the right needle.
My problem is that when I do as the pattern states I lose the seed stitch pattern and on some parts of it instead of knitting a purl stitch or purling a knit, I’m knitting the knits and purling the purls. In the middle of the blanket this wouldn’t seem to matter since I will be creating the base for the cables on the next row, but this happens on the end, when the border should be a seed stitch border.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I’m not sure if the pattern has an error and if it does I have no idea how to fix it.
thank you for any help you can give me.
Kelly

Sounds like you are at the stage of knitting where… you can start figuring out for yourself the pattern’s intent - and following that, overcoming the pattern’s shortcomings. Good for you! This ability will free you up for great projects with your own personal touch!

I would suggest spacing your increases across the cable-pattern area, and not increasing at all on either of the seed-stitch side panels. These two are obviously intended to be borders and to keep the center area from curling, as well as to sort of frame it.

I would follow the picture/photo that [hopefully!] came with the pattern - and maintain the seed stitch where you do borders.

You may well need to experiment a bit to get the right number of stitches in each panel for your pattern stitch since the pattern seems to be rather vague. But once you can conquer the 2 rows, you should be good to go.

It may be necessary to frog one row until you can tell where the increases need to go.

But the overall project sounds like it’ll be well worth futzing over these two first rows, getting the pattern established just right.

Hope this helps,
Dot