Seed stitch help!

My pattern says work even in seed st for 1". What does this mean?

Seed stitch is knit the purls and purl the knits. So cast on and k1p1 across. If you’ve cast on and even number of stitches you’ll k1p1 on the back, too. If you cast on an odd number of stitches
you’ll start with p1k2 on the back.

What are you making? Can you give us a pattern name and a link?

Perhaps it’s a UK/US difference but seed stitch here is where you have predominantly st st but with a purl stitch every 5 stitches or so. P1 K1 P1 K1 etc here is moss stitch?

1 Like

I am making a dog sweater. Here is the link to the pattern http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/holiday-dog-sweater
The part i am working on is the chest . Its the very last row of instructions on that section

Continue the k1p1 seed stitch that you have been doing on the borders without any increases or decreases (work even).

Thank you!!

Evie, there are different definitions of seed stitch and moss stitch. I mostly go with the way the pattern defines it. Here’s something of a summary but you do see different definitions online, too.

I didn’t realize that there might be variations from country to country. Good to know.

T’is blooming confusing! The same with crochet, grrr :smile:

Can you guys help with another question. Im working on the “back” section and the pattern states “work even in patterns as established” . What do i do??

Work even just means continue pattern without increases or decreases.

Gotcha, thanks!!