Seamless saddle shoulders from top down

Hi I have knit the saddle strap top down connecting the front and back seamlessly, and I know how to pick up around the arm hole to do seamless set in sleeve for a non-saddle sleeve shoulder, but how do I pick up stitches around the around hole when I finish the strap?

Do I pick up from the bottom of the arm hole and go around picking up and knitting the saddle shoulder stitiches onto the waste yarn I use to pick up stitches? And this pick up row will be a circle with end to tie.

Or I only pick up stitches around the saddle sleeve, so the pickup row looks like a smile? without ends to tie?

Thanks

I am confused.

Do you have the live sts from the strap on the needle? If so, you could use the working yarn to work across the RS row of the strap and then continue picking up sts down the back (for example), across the lower end of the armhole and then up the front ending the round at the strap.
I may not have understood exactly where you are though. Are you following a pattern and can you tell us the name or give a link to it?

sorry I can’t give the instructions from the pattern, cuz the pattern is for seaming all the pieces together, and so I am converting it to seamless, cuz I can’t be bothered sewing things together…

so you’re recommending I pick up with the live yarn? but how do I pull it like Paula Ward does in her youtube video to achieve the seamless look?

I don’t understand about pulling the yarn. This video?

If not, you can copy and paste the URL for the correct video in a post.
In the video I linked to there is a seam where the sts are picked up.
Even if the pattern is sewn together, the pattern link or name will still help with a photo of the sweater.

I found this free pattern on Ravelry that is a top-down, seamless sweater with saddle shoulders. You might check out how she did her construction.

It sounds like you’re already to this point or I would suggest trying the contiguous method for doing the saddle shoulder. The pictures show a standard shoulder seam, but it’s a popular choice for managing saddle shoulders when working top down.