Scarf

i am working on a scarf i had to co 48 sts row 1 says k2*p2 k4;rep from *last 4 sts p2 k2 then row 2 is p2 k2 p4 ; rep from last 4 sts k2 p2 then it says rows 3 through 6 rep rows 1 and 2 at the end of row 6 cut the black of but i am doing purple and add taupe but i am doing red but it say with taupe (red) rep rows 1 and 2 twenty-six times (52 rows)ending by working row 2 cut the taupe (red) attaching black (purple) then it say with black (purple) rep rows 1 and 2 twenty-six times (52 rows)ending by working row 2 cut the black (purple) and attach the red
then it says rep from anduntil work from beg measures approx 129’’ working last 52 rows with red what i am trying to get to is how many time do i do the 52 rows in each color please help me

what i am trying to get to is how many time do i do the 52 rows in each color please help me
It doesn’t tell you and there is no way for me to know exactly. But you could figure it out fairly closely with a little math. After you do your first segment of 52 rows measure it for length. Then mark on a slip of paper: 52 rows of red ___inches. The 52 rows of purple will be the about the same. So write down 52 purple _____inches and add those 2 together. (Don’t forget the length of the first 6 rows of purple, that needs to be added in too) Then add the number for another section of red–_____inches. Add that to the total. What is your number? Is it anywhere near 129 inches. If so stop. If not do you have room for another section of purple and another section of red before getting close to 129 inches? If so proceed.

With the length of this scarf being plenty long, you shouldn’t worry about the exact measurement too much, but you want to get the first 6 rows of purple and then 52 rows of red, and then 52 rows of purple. Then you keep repeating the 52 rows of each color and get as close to 129" give or take a little and still end with a red section. Then I’m sure you are going to end with another 6 rows of purple to make everything even looking. So get as close as you can, but if you are off a bit the scarf will still be a good length.

thank you for your help can any one else help me from melissa

What is it you need more help on?

i still do not understand how many rows of 52 i do to get up to 129’’

It depends on how many rows you get per inch. Measure an inch and see how many rows there are - probably about 5 or 6. Or maybe 5½ rows/inch. Or after you work 52 rows, then measure and see how many inches that makes. Or just keep knitting the pattern, and measure the whole length from time to time. You really don’t need to know how many times you repeat the 52 rows, that’s not the important part, the length is. It’s okay if you’re a little over or a little short of 129" when you finsh one of the 52 row repeats. The first 6 rows are probably an inch, maybe more, and so the last 6 will be too.