Say what?

This is for a chevron pattern, here is the link

First of all, it says to cast on 51 stitches. Well, I would prefer chunkier yarn, less stitches but 51 is prime so, can anyone decrease the stitches for me?

Secondly, I do not understand this:

Row 1: (Right Side) knit 1, slip, slip, knit, *knit 9, slip 2 stitches individually purlwise, knit 1, purl 2 stitches and pass slip stitch over;repeat from * to last 12 stitches, knit 9, knit 2 together, knit 1

specifically the part where you slip 2 stitches individually, k1, p2, then psso. Am I slipping both over all three or am I performing psso after I slip 2, k1, p2?

I think I can handle the rest…

Here is a chevron pattern that is a 7-stitch repeat with two for selvage, so that should solve the problem with casting on with bulkier yarn.

As to the second question, I think the link above gives a better description of what to do regarding the psso and the chevron pattern itself. You’ll still get the same look, but with easier directions!

knitting help to the rescue once again! Thanks so much, that is a lot easier to understand…

:hug:

Happy to help!

What a strange phrase, slipping kwise will give different results individually from together, but when slipping pwise, there’s no difference between individually and together!

Sarah