Sage Blouse pattern

Found a free pattern to try, and cannot believe I stuck in beginning (page 2), as you can see from my pictures.
https://imgur.com/xdS27dJ
https://imgur.com/7zzbuly

I am making size 38", the front pattern doesn’t seem correct at all. I always use the WHITE marker as my start/end point of the chart pattern.
I K2 before and after the Moorish Lattice due to center the pattern.
I do the increased sts on both side of the k1 on every odd round, and you can see the outcome from my picture. ( xxx |k1| xxx )
Also, I found my YO holes on the 4 raglan seem big. Is that normal or if there is a better way to do it?

Below is the reference of the pattern on the area I am struggling with.:

Next round: sm, k1, sm, yo, K 3 (3, 4, 5, 7, 8), kf&b, (K 3 sts into 1 st) 6X, kf&b, K 3 (3, 4, 5, 7, 8,)
yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, work row 1 of Moorish Lattice to next marker, yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, K 3 (3, 4, 5,
7, 8), k f&b, (K 3 sts into 1 st) 6X, k f&b, K 3 (3, 4, 5, 7, 8), yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, work row 1 of
Moorish Lattice to the end, (this is the back section, you can change it by simply working St st
for the entire back), yo

Next round: (sm, k1, sm, k to next marker, sm, k1, sm, work next round of Moorish Lattice.) 2x.

With St st for each sleeve and Moorish Lattice for the front and back, continue the same manner
of increasing 1 st before and 1 st after each of the 4 marked raglan st every other round until 37,
(39, 43, 43, 43, 49) rows of Moorish are completed. Make sure to incorporate the increased
stitches into the Moorish Lattice as you knit. Total 296 (312, 336, 352, 376, 408) sts…

Thanks

Pretty pattern!
You can tighten up a bit on the stitch after the yarn over which will make the yarn overs smaller or you can wait till you block. Blocking usually evens out the yarn overs.
The tips sheet with the pattern recommends working a small sample of the lattice pattern over 18 sts to see what it looks like. That may help. I tried it and the beginning that you’ve make so far looks fine. I did find it easier to follow the written directions rather than the chart. Amazing to me as I am a huge fan of charts but there you go.
Have you decided to wait until you have 6sts to incorporate the increases into the pattern? That’ll work and is also suggested in the tips if the lattice is confusing.

It seem more complicated than I expected. I think I really need to digest on how to incorporating increased sts. This is really something new for me to learn.

But, what about the centering the Moorish? I am doing the 38”. Does that mean I need to do as below…
… YO, k2, [ repeating the row chart ] , k2, YO …?
If that so, it seem getting more complicated for following round… :slightly_frowning_face:

Btw, is the following incorporating sts example correct? Just want to make sure I got it right.
Rnd 1: YO, k2, [ k1, k1, k1, p1, p1, p1 ] , k2, YO
Rnd 2: k2, p1, [ k1, k1, k1, p1, p1, p1 ] , k1, k2

Yes, that’s the way to center the lattice pattern, with k2 on each side of the repeats. And yes, you’ve got the increased sts incorporated correctly
Rnd 2: k2, p1, [ k1, k1, k1, p1, p1, p1 ] , k1, k2

I am trying to do the swatch of the pattern, and I don’t think I am getting diamond pattern correct.
I made 2 swatch, and the result are the same.
A = I don’t see mind splitting correctly with the knit stitch sticking out and then form the bottom part of the diamond.

My swatch : https://imgur.com/hSSUSf1 VS Others : https://imgur.com/OxMpwDp

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

I could only get the chart or the written directions to work by adjusting row 11. I worked one stitch and then started the chart. That way the 3 purl sts lined up over the k1, yo, k1 and the 3 knits centered over the p3tog. You then end with 2sts outside the left edge of the chart. I’d work these sts into the pattern along with any increase sts on subsequent rows.
I sent a note to the designer to check this.

Nice. Can you let me know if the designer reply?

I found this Moorish Lattice , at least it help me to understand the pattern. But, I still need more time to figure out how to do the expanding side better.

That was a very good idea. The pattern in the link has the sts extra sts to make it work. As for the increases, you could try adding them in on each side in the written pattern and see if that helps.

ETA: The designer didn’t remember the pattern and really couldn’t help but your discovery of the pattern stitch makes it clear.