Rowan pattern

I’m quite an experienced knitter but I’m really stuck with a rowan pattern called Destiny. The number of stitches on the row just doesn’t add up to the pattern
Has anyone knitted this ?

Welcome to the forum!

Can you quote the row that doesn’t add up and tell us how many sts you cast on? We can’t post large portions of patterns on the forum due to copyrights but a row or 2 is fine.

Thank you. Yes that’s the one. So the left front. I’ve done the border. Got 71 sts.
The first row of the pattern The first 3-4 sts. I have 3 sts. But the pattern takes up 4
Size 91-97.
Sl1 k1 psso, yfwd , sl ki psso
I get this as 4 sts but have only 3 on needle
I’ve tried just doing it but then I’m 1 stitch short and I can tell the pattern isn’t right .
I can’t work out what I’m doing wrong
I’ll be grateful for any help. Thank you so much
Evelyn

I didn’t see any comments on the pattern on Ravelry or any errata online but the stitches you quote certainly do require 4sts.
You might send a message to the designer and ask about this or post a comment on the Ravelry page or both.

Hi
I just tried to knit the right front. It’s the same issue. When I get to the end I’ve 3 stitches left. Pattern says k 2tog yfwd k2 tog
I just can’t work out what I’m doing wrong

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I just can’t work it out. I might try the designer if there’s a contact email
Evelyn

Yes, same problem. Are you working the yfwd as a yarn over? It won’t use up a stitch.

Is there an extra edge st on each side in addition to the pattern sts?

No. I’ve checked this I’ve just done a ss border with the 3 stitches. It’s working out ok. Not sure how it will look. I’ll do a bit more and decide. Thanks again for responding.

1 Like