Rowan pattern - Shaping Raglan Armholes

Hello!

I’m knitting a Rowan jumper and I’ve got to the part about shaping the raglan armholes & I’ve got a bit stuck!

The jumper is a rib pattern with two rows, the first is P1, K1, the second row is knit to end. I’m not sure if I’m now meant to decrease both rows, or just decrease on the second row of the rib pattern.

I’ve done this section:

Shape raglan armholes
Keeping patt correct, cast off 3 sts at beg of next two rows.
99 sts

Next row (RS): Sl1, K3, sl1, K2tog, psso, K to last 7 sts, K3tog, K4. 95 sts.

And now I’m a little confused by the instructions:

Working all raglan armhole decreases as set by last row, dec 2 sts at end of each 6th and 1 foll 6th rows, then 11 foll 8th rows. 43 sts.

Work 7 rows ending with RS facing for next row.

Do I only decrease on the RS rows as the the first raglan decrease, and follow the regular rib pattern on the alternating rows? Or should I be decreasing every row? Also, if someone could explain what the “6th and 1 foll 6th rows” actually means, that would be amazing!

I appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Thanks,
Katie

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
You’ll be decreasing 4 sts on each decrease row, 2sts at each end. Call the decrease row that is given in your post, row 1 (a RS row). Decrease on rows 7 and 13 (that’s the 6th row and the following 6th row) and then decrease on rows 21,29,37,45,53,61,69,77,85,93, and 101 (the 11 following 8th rows). All the decreases will be on RS rows.

Great, thank you so much! It seems so straightforward now. :slight_smile: