Rounded toe up instructions

I was reading an article on different types of toe’s on socks. I’m not sure what they mean by MRK as I haven’t ever seen this knitting abbreviation.

Rnd 1: Knit.

Rnd 2: *K1, M1R, knit to 1 st before mrk, M1L, K1; rep from * to end of rnd.

Repeat these two rounds until you have the desired number of stitches.

Does anyone know what they mean?

Hi! M1R mesns to

M1L or M1front

M1R

MRK?

1 Like

I was trying to give her the links but i am not sure how to post them like you did, could you explain so i can help otherd in the future?

There are a couple of ways to link to another site. You can insert a hyperlink using the chain link icon in the reply box, 4th from the left in the header or you can copy and paste a URL into the reply post.

mrk = marker

1 Like

Thanks for your help

To post a link you highlight the address bar at the top of the page you are on and then copy it, then if you are on your phone or tablet you do a long press in the reply box here and paste it into the box. That’s how I add links when I am replying to someone on here.

Just copy and paste

I know I have never seen MRK. Thank you for the links. I know how to M1L & M1R but have not see make one away.

None of my toe up patterns call for a marker, so do I just ignore the MRK?

Can you quote the row that calls for the marker?

salmonmac I was reading an article on the ways you can do the toe’s on the socks. I was interested in making a pair of socks with a round toe.

http://www.theyarnloop.com/article/midweek-masterclass-choose-right-sock-toe-method

This was the instructions for the round toe. It will produce a blunter wedge toe by casting on more stitches then following the same instructions.

The patterns that I have don’t call for a marker. I was just wanting to make the toe’s rounded on my toe up socks. Which call for kfb increases. I was just confused this the term MRK. It’s not from a pattern but an article for a guide to use when making socks.

Reading the line below the photo in your original post, I’m going with the marker is keeping your spot for increasing. I did round toes once, didn’t like them much so haven’t done them again. YMMV of course since your feet aren’t my feet. :blush:

1 Like

I’ve seen YMMV a couple of times now. What does that mean?

Knitting jargon for “your mileage may vary”.

1 Like

The mrk means marker. You are to knit up to the stitch just before your marker.

Thank you :grinning: