Roll edge jacket from Debbie Bliss Simply Baby

Hi,
Im having a bit trouble understanding. I thought I could knit the sleeves in no time but I was stump. I couldn’t understand what it telling me.

I cast on 34 sts. Beg with a k row, work 3 rows in St st.
then change to M and p 1 row. I got this part.

next line…work in garter st and inc 1 st at each end of 11th and every foll 8th row until there are 52 sts.
• I inc 1 st on both ends of the 11th row??? did I do this right because I ended up with 52 sts and the sleeve measure 8 1/4 from the start of the garter st.
• I dont understand this part…“and every foll 8th row”???

SHAPE RAGLANS
Bind off 5 sts at BEG OF NEXT 2 ROWS, 42 STS.:?? :?? :??
• I bind off the first 5 sts and k to the end and then bind off the first 5 sts on the other side and k to the end?:??
•Or is it asking me to bind off the first 5 and then knit and save the last 5 st to bind off???

Thank you in advance on any help!!!

I bind off the first 5 sts and k to the end and then bind off the first 5 sts on the other side and k to the end?

Do this. You can’t BO at the end of a row.

[QUOTE]next line…work in garter st and inc 1 st at each end of 11th and every foll 8th row until there are 52 sts.
[/QUOTE] Yes, you increase 1 stitch at each end of the 11th row. Then you count 7 and increase again on each end of the 8th row and keep increasing at each end of every 8th row until there are 52 sts.

thanks!!!

MerigoldinWa- OIC… its the first 11th row I inc 1 at each end. After then I increase again every 8th row. I this right? I just want to make sure.

Does it make any difference that I only inc 1 st at each end of 11th row??
And I ended up with 52 sts doing this way only.

Thank you in advance!

Yes that’s right - the first time the incs are on the 11th row, then the 8th row after that. So inc on Rows 11, 19, 27, etc.

You’re supposed to inc 2 sts on these rows - one at the beginning and one at the end.