Robin hood hat

Hi, I have started making the robin hood hat and had trouble with the 5 sts. in the beginning, I read the posts here and got through that portion, now on rnd 5 I end up with 27 sts. instead of 30. needed to know if I’m doing something wrong. I have restarted the hat 4 times and it comes out the same every time. Could someone please help me with this. Thank you

Welcome to KH. Can you link to your pattern please?

so sorry, first time I have done this. not sure what you mean by "can you link to your pattern

thank you for replying. It would help if you knew the part of the pattern I need help with. 10 sts. on 3 dpns.(4-3-3)

Rnd 3: Inc 1 into each stitch (20 sts.)
Rnd 4: Knit
Rnd 5:K1,m1,k3,m1;repeat fromto end of rnd (30 sts.)
Rnd 6: Knit
Rnd 7:K1,m1,k5,m1; repeat fromto end of rnd (40 sts)
Rnd 8: Knit
Rnd 9:K1,m1,k7,m1; repeat fromto end of rnd (50 sts)

I can’t get the rows to come out even. Any help would be greatly appreciate, thank you so much!

A search at www.ravelry.com turned up several hats. Is one of these yours? If your pattern is online you can copy the URL and paste into the message box.

Beginning round 3 you should have 10 sts. If you kfb(knit front and back) in each stitch you’ll then have 20 stitches.

On round 5 you make your increases between stitches. m1 For every 4 stitches you knit you’ll increase 2 and should end with 30 stitches.

Round 7 increases 2 for every 6, a total of 10 increases, ending with 40 stitches.

Round 9, 2 increases for every 8 knit, 10 increased, 50 stitches.

HTH

The problem may be in the way that you’re doing the m1. If you use a m1l or a m1r, increases that occur between sts, the numbers will come out correctly. If you use an increase that uses a stitch like a kfb, you won’t have enough sts.
You can see the m1l or m1r on the Free Videos tab at the top of the page, Increases.